PLUTO CRASHES #adalmpluto

Dionisis “Dennis” Drakopoulos

Greetings from Athens!
I have decided to use my ADALM PLUTO with SDR CONSOLE version 3.1 in my Windows 10 Home 21H1 - 19043.1706. Yet every time I try to add Pluto as a definition via search, SDR CONSOLE crashes and shutdowns completely. Apart from that, PLUTO has the latest firmware, latest IIO drivers are installed, been using PLUTO as expected with other programs such as SDR# (version 1732 - plugin v0.5.4).
Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot and resolve? Screenshots attached, crash dump: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f7xwPUqfr2pJdDvyDT2XWCjm4lsCv5gc/view?usp=drivesdk

TKS in advance!
73 de SV1CDN, Dennis!

Simon Brown

Well,

LibUSB is not happy, maybe this is a USB power issue?

Simon Brown

https://www.g4eli.com

https://www.sdr-radio.com

I have decided to use my ADALM PLUTO with SDR CONSOLE version 3.1 in my Windows 10 Home 21H1 - 19043.1706. Yet every time I try to add Pluto as a definition via search, SDR CONSOLE crashes and shutdowns completely. Apart from that, PLUTO has the latest firmware, latest IIO drivers are installed, been using PLUTO as expected with other programs such as SDR# (version 1732 - plugin v0.5.4).

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot and resolve? Screenshots attached, crash dump: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f7xwPUqfr2pJdDvyDT2XWCjm4lsCv5gc/view?usp=drivesdk

TKS in advance!

73 de SV1CDN, Dennis!

Dionisis “Dennis” Drakopoulos

Edited

TKS Simon!
Same case, only now PLUTO is powered from an additional source of 1.2A max.
Could the error report show something different? End user result is still the same, failure.

73 de SV1CDN, Dennis!

Dionisis “Dennis” Drakopoulos

Could upgrading libusb DLL to another version work for me?
This also brings to mind the ZADIG tool from RTLSDR... Any correlation?

73!

Simon Brown

No.

I don’t know why it’s crashing, please try different USB ports. LibUSB just doesn’t like your computer.

  1. Use the latest kit on the Downloads page of the website
  2. Upload the crash dump
  3. I’ll look at the crash dump

Simon Brown

https://www.g4eli.com

https://www.sdr-radio.com

Could upgrading libusb DLL to another version work for me?
This also brings to mind the ZADIG tool from RTLSDR... Any correlation?

73!

Choice of libusb version gives you your choice of bugs. There is no correlation with Zadig. That is run once and done for a given device. It simply links the dongle's VID and PID information with the WinUSB.sys driver within the OS. The libusb tool translates from that software API to something programs find it easier to use.

{^_^}

On 20220523 10:28:35, Dionisis “Dennis” Drakopoulos wrote:
Could upgrading libusb DLL to another version work for me?
This also brings to mind the ZADIG tool from RTLSDR... Any correlation?

73!

jdow

Pluto 3? Does it have a changed API that causes the crash?

{^_^}

On 20220523 12:04:30, Simon Brown wrote:

No.

I don’t know why it’s crashing, please try different USB ports. LibUSB just doesn’t like your computer.

  1. Use the latest kit on the Downloads page of the website
  2. Upload the crash dump
  3. I’ll look at the crash dump

Simon Brown

https://www.g4eli.com

https://www.sdr-radio.com

Could upgrading libusb DLL to another version work for me?
This also brings to mind the ZADIG tool from RTLSDR... Any correlation?

73!

Maybe he means revision C/D?

Could upgrading libusb DLL to another version work for me?
This also brings to mind the ZADIG tool from RTLSDR... Any correlation?

73!

Dionisis “Dennis” Drakopoulos

Got it, MNI TKS for the help!

I was just thinking about running ZADIG for PLUTO USB IIO device..

73!

Siegfried Jackstien

Neverever use zadig for pluto!!!!!!!!!
Zadig is used for rtl dongles (and its clones)... But NOT for a pluto
... Audio not clean??
Set ALL sampling rates to 48ks...
For narrow fm.. Use a wider tx filter...
2.6 kc is for ssb... Not for fm
Dg9bfc sigi

Am 24.05.2022 17:26 schrieb Dionisis “Dennis” Drakopoulos <sv1cdn@...>:

Got it, MNI TKS for the help!

I was just thinking about running ZADIG for PLUTO USB IIO device..

73!

jdow

I hope you did not.

{o.o}

On 20220524 08:26:51, Dionisis “Dennis” Drakopoulos wrote:
Got it, MNI TKS for the help!

I was just thinking about running ZADIG for PLUTO USB IIO device..

73!

Dionisis “Dennis” Drakopoulos

Edited

I didn't! TKS gentlemen!
For the record, latest SDRANGEL can not load at all and MS Event Viewer reports an exception with its own libusb (but newer version).

73!

Dionisis “Dennis” Drakopoulos

Edited

For what is worth, SDR CONSOLE finally got up and running!

Had to replace libusb-1.0.dll with version 1.0.26.11724 from team's sourceforge space: https://sourceforge.net/projects/libusb/

73!

Simon Brown

Remind me, you're using a Pluto Plus or a standard Pluto?

For what is worth, SDR CONSOLE finally got up and running!

Had to replace libusb-1.0.dll with version 1.0.26.11724 from team's sourceforge space: https://sourceforge.net/projects/libusb/

73!

Dionisis “Dennis” Drakopoulos

Standard Pluto RevB Simon.