playback / navigator / bitmap all yellow, no signals. #bug

Ben Z en de rest

Hi,
If I make a recording from satellite band, Airspy , 5 MHz bandwidth and I open the recording after that the navigator only shows a bright yellow page where the contrast / colour bar in the consolem menu has no influence at the contrast of the navigator bitmap.

If I open previous recordings the navigator shows the signals nicely.

the two latest recordings where this happend where recorded as 32 bits weak signal.  I am now recording in 16 bit mode to test.

Screenshot :

My 16 bit recording show signals in the waterfall and the contrast can be adjusted again.

I guess this is an unexpected future :-)

Thanks,

Ben - PE2BZ

jdow

Please repost the screen shot such that it is sent full size. The clues it can offer are obscured by the tiny size as included in your message. However, my understanding is that the recorded levels leave off some data needed to precisely recreate the recording conditions. You may need to readdress the color shading via the View menu.

{^_^}

On 20220420 10:25:42, Ben Z en de rest wrote:

Hi,
If I make a recording from satellite band, Airspy , 5 MHz bandwidth and I open the recording after that the navigator only shows a bright yellow page where the contrast / colour bar in the consolem menu has no influence at the contrast of the navigator bitmap.

If I open previous recordings the navigator shows the signals nicely.

the two latest recordings where this happend where recorded as 32 bits weak signal.  I am now recording in 16 bit mode to test.

Screenshot :

My 16 bit recording show signals in the waterfall and the contrast can be adjusted again.

I guess this is an unexpected future :-)

Thanks,

Ben - PE2BZ

Simon Brown

Also,

Please check you’re using the latest kit as I think this was fixed, I will check later today.

[...]

I was running 3.1 2470 but updated to beta 3.1 build 2547 yesterday with the same result.

Simon Brown

Thanks,

Will check this today or tomorrow.

I was running 3.1 2470 but updated to beta 3.1 build 2547 yesterday with the same result.

And,

Reproduced, will fix in 3.2 and probably update the 3.1 kit as it’s LTS.

I was running 3.1 2470 but updated to beta 3.1 build 2547 yesterday with the same result.

Ben Z en de rest

Thanks !

Simon Brown

Now fixed, many thanks for reporting this. I’ll probably update the V3.1 release kit tomorrow.

Now fixed, many thanks for reporting this. I’ll probably update the V3.1 release kit tomorrow.