Topics

Pinned messages

sm6fhz

Hi all,
would it be helpful if someone with sufficeint rights in this Groups.io group set up some "good to find" messages as "pinned" and "locked"?
This has been done in the AirSpy Groups.io group. See attached screenshot.
I am sure there are a few messages like that in this group as well. E.G. Questions being asked over and over again. Good to know for newcomers.
73 / Ingolf, SM6FHZ

David J Taylor

Hi all,
would it be helpful if someone with sufficeint rights in this Groups.io group set up some "good to find" messages as "pinned" and "locked"?
This has been done in the AirSpy Groups.io group. See attached screenshot.
I am sure there are a few messages like that in this group as well. E.G. Questions being asked over and over again. Good to know for newcomers.
73 / Ingolf, SM6FHZ
=====================================

..... although those of us using e-mail don't see that pinned message. A good reminder, though. Perhaps the Wiki might also be useful, as users can contribute directly, without any effort from Simon.

73,
David GM8ARV
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter: @gm8arv

Kriss Kliegle

How's this for the first 'pinned' message:

"In order to preserve bandwidth on the groups site and my time, please attach screen shots using the screen shot tool on the ribbon bar and the log file from the tools tab, when posting difficulties with using SDR Console. Please do not change the topic of the thread in progress from the OP (Original Poster), keep assistance/comments on topic.

Thank you,
Simon - G4ELI"

How did I do?  LOL
How many times does he have to respond to inquiries with a "Please attach screen shot and log files in order for me to help you, I can't see your screen."

73 Kriss KA1GJU

Alan G4ZFQ

How many times does he have to respond to inquiries with a "Please attach screen shot...
Kriss,

Just about as many times he would have to respond with a link to the pinned message:-)

73 Alan G4ZFQ

Paul Gulliver

But there is no point in getting upset if people don't see them. I'm the same
as David, I get all my group messages by email which get sorted into folders
by my email client. I never (or hardly ever) visit the group web site so
wouldn't normally see pinned messages.

Paul

On 29/11/2019 at 21:38, "Alan G4ZFQ" <alan4alan@...> wrote:
How many times does he have to respond to inquiries with a "Please
attach screen shot...
Kriss,

Just about as many times he would have to respond with a link to the
pinned message:-)

73 Alan G4ZFQ

jdow

For reasons I am not sure I understand webmail and forum sorts of interfaces raise the hairs on my neck. The former is a pure horror. The latter - I know it can be done better - been there, managed it, and it was done better. At least forums have a use - sorta kinda. Web mail is simply a slow painful way to read mail.

{^_^}

On 20191130 02:13:19, Paul Gulliver wrote:
But there is no point in getting upset if people don't see them. I'm the same
as David, I get all my group messages by email which get sorted into folders
by my email client. I never (or hardly ever) visit the group web site so
wouldn't normally see pinned messages.
Paul
On 29/11/2019 at 21:38, "Alan G4ZFQ" <alan4alan@...> wrote:
How many times does he have to respond to inquiries with a "Please
attach screen shot...
Kriss,

Just about as many times he would have to respond with a link to the
pinned message:-)

73 Alan G4ZFQ

Zacharias Liangas

Edited

How many times does he have to respond to inquiries with a "Please attach screen shot and log files in order for me to help you, I can't see your screen."

Simon
Can you understand screenshot mAdm from a printscreen save  in case sdrc totally freezes?