PA5Y - 2m Beacon Phase Noise?

Simon Brown

Conrad,

GB3MCB - any comment?

Conrad, PA5Y

Hello Simon.

It is -70dBc at +/-1kHz, so not as bad as some beacons, but it looks ugly. Are you 100% sure that this is not the LO PN of any converter you may be using? It also seems to have nasty key clicks.

Has it degraded?

You could compare with the S3 with no converter then you have a known PN in your RX. If it looks the same, then the beacon is grotty.

What do your neighbours think?

Regards

Conrad