Topics

OFF TOPIC Browser that allows use of VAC

George Stein - NJ3H

I want to use some Kiwi receiver via internet.  However, I want to be able to direct the output to a VAC without changing the sound settings for the computer.  Does anyone know of a browser that allows the sound settings to be changed within the browser itself?

Thanks,
George, NJ3H
Redmond, Oregon USA

George Stein - NJ3H

I should have added that I am using Windows 8.1.

Regards,
George

On Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 3:44:54 PM PST, George Stein - NJ3H via groups.io <nj3h@...> wrote:

I want to use some Kiwi receiver via internet.  However, I want to be able to direct the output to a VAC without changing the sound settings for the computer.  Does anyone know of a browser that allows the sound settings to be changed within the browser itself?

Thanks,
George, NJ3H
Redmond, Oregon USA

Don Moman VE6JY

Windows 10 has a relatively new sound management area called "App volume and preferences" that allows you to configure any of the apps (Chrome is one on mine) to direct their soundcard ins and outputs.   One more reason to do the upgrade... and it's still free.

On Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 3:44:54 PM PST, George Stein - NJ3H via groups.io <nj3h=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I want to use some Kiwi receiver via internet.  However, I want to be able to direct the output to a VAC without changing the sound settings for the computer.  Does anyone know of a browser that allows the sound settings to be changed within the browser itself?

Thanks,
George, NJ3H
Redmond, Oregon USA

Max

George

Ear Trumpet takes the pain out of constantly diving into Windows settings to change app sound routings. I use it to quickly toggle browser output (with a right click on slider after opening pop-up sys tray app) between speakers and VAC, exactly as you want:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/eartrumpet/9nblggh516xp

Quick Google seems to imply that it will work in Windows 8 even though it say it is Windows 10. Think it has been available since Windows 7 in fact, and was written by Microsoft team. (Although like Don, I say why not upgrade to Win 10? I am pretty sure it's still available as free upgrade from Win 8!).

Ear Trumpet quick tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzUHkicKQAA

73

Max