Topics

Number pad to take focus for frequency entry (option?)

Max

Simon

Would it be possible to at least have an option so that, regardless of which window or panel is selected, that pressing a number on the PC keyboard number pad immediately brings focus back to the main window to enter a frequency. If a receiver pane receiver window is already active the frequency entry would take place on there instead as it does now. i.e. if a "non-freq entry" window or pane is currently active (DSP pane for example), number pad key immediately bring focus back to main receive window and takes the input as an immediate frequency entry.

I use number pad frequency entry a lot, and it is the only feature that becomes annoying as I am constantly pressing a key on the number pad which then does nothing, and having to then manually click in the main window to then have another go at entering the frequency. Would ideally like the cursor keys to have the same option as I use those for tuning more than any other method and same applies, needs focus back on the main window to be active. Suggest an option so that those who don't like it can leave Console to behave in the "default" fashion?

Just sent donation to the Millie food fund!

Thanks for looking

Max

kb3cs

i, too, find it quite difficult to operate the basic radio functions from the keyboard - particularly frequency tuning. the input focus seems to move around the Console mysteriously without it being clear where the focus is at the moment.

my workaround is to hover the mouse in the RX spectrum panel at the upper right and click on the Zoom button, then move the pointer away. this seems to be the only way to ensure the RX panel has input focus. typing numbers at this point will bring up the frequency entry popup.

  - 1n (base 50) -

Max

Edited

Yes, this is almost exactly how I cope with it, in my case I mouse click the "Low" button as this does not risk changing anything, but it is a constant annoyance sadly. About the only thing that is an annoyance in SDR Console as nearly everything else is great!

Fixing this issue would be fantastic, or at least an option to turn this feature on and off (although for me I would always have it "on"). Ideally direct freq entry from the number pad AND tuning with the cursor keys to take focus immediately when pressed.

Any chance Simon?

Max

Max

Do you think there is any chance of implementing this Simon?

Simon Brown

Yes,

I’ll check something now.

Do you think there is any chance of implementing this Simon?

Seems to work already but the program must have input focus. When the program does not have input focus I don’t get keystrokes…