Topics

NEWBIE-v2.0.3 build 1263

Butch Lake

I am new to sdr and evidently i need some drivers or some kind of file/files--any one help me?

Alan G4ZFQ

I am new to sdr and evidently i need some drivers or some kind of file/files--any one help me?
You most likely need something but you need to tell us what SDR you have.

Alan

Butch Lake

820t2
DVB-T-FM-DAB
I hope this is right

On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 6:27 AM Alan G4ZFQ <alan4alan@...> wrote:
> I am new to sdr and evidently i need some drivers or some kind of
> file/files--any one help me?

You most likely need something but you need to tell us what SDR you have.

Alan

Alan G4ZFQ

820t2
DVB-T-FM-DAB
I hope this is right
I should have guessed:-)
Look here https://www.sdr-radio.com/Radios/RTLDongles you need to load the driver with Zadig.

Alan.

Butch Lake

After screwing around for a week, i d/loaded v2.3 and it worked! sort of,,, I get fm broadcast but i dont get any shortwave, which is what i am interested. i run hp laptop with a 820t2, with win7, win7 is why i suspect it doesnt recognize the dongle! Any ideas?

Mark Cayton

The dongle you have doesn't pick up the shortwave band.  All of the published info I've seen states that 25 MHz is the approximate lower end of what it can capture.
--
Mark  K1LSB

Stephen Matthias

the 820t2 only goes down as far as 24 MHz.  Shortwave is about 3 MHz to 30 MHz.  Try a Airspy HF+.

On Sun, Dec 9, 2018 at 6:27 PM Butch Lake <lakebutch@...> wrote:
After screwing around for a week, i d/loaded v2.3 and it worked! sort of,,, I get fm broadcast but i dont get any shortwave, which is what i am interested. i run hp laptop with a 820t2, with win7, win7 is why i suspect it doesnt recognize the dongle! Any ideas?

Mikael Dagman

or if you want 8Mhz of BW and 10Khz to 1.7Ghz for half the price go for SDRPlay 1a  :)

Alan G4ZFQ

, I get fm broadcast but i dont get any shortwave,
As other have said the basic dongle only does VHF.
But what exactly do you have? Some are modified.
The best, cheapest way to do HF with a basic dongle is with a HF converter. ( Upconverter)

This will be one of the cheapest, there are better ones available. https://www.amazon.com/NooElec-Ham-Up-v1-3-Upconverter/dp/B009LQT3G6/ref=as_li_ss_tl?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1446689941&sr=1-1&keywords=ham+it+up+upconverter&linkCode=sl1&tag=rsv0f-20&linkId=a7c84e914b0bbeeb3f2ee83fa6e5cd73

Alan

Paul Gulliver

Others have answered the frequency issue but just to say there is no problem using dongles with Windows 7, I have used several variations of dongle plus a RSP1A on my Win7 laptop with no issue.

Paul

On 09/12/2018 at 23:27, Butch Lake <lakebutch@...> wrote: