Topics

New SDRPlay Unit Out. (Called An RSPdx)

rmrrgs

Hi,

Just read that SDRPlay has come out with a replacemnt
for their RSP-2

Called  RSPdx.  Would probably like to get it if/when usable with Console and sell y RSP-2

Can Console interface with it now, or will there have to be some
changes modified to Console, and a new revision issued ?

e.g., I see that there are 3 independent ant. inputs.
So, i imagine, this at least would require a modification.

Any thoughts on ?

Regards,
Bob

Simon Brown

Hi Bob,

I only saw the announcement today. As soon as I have one I’ll get it supported.

Just read that SDRPlay has come out with a replacemnt
for their RSP-2

Called  RSPdx.  Would probably like to get it if/when usable with Console and sell y RSP-2

Can Console interface with it now, or will there have to be some
changes modified to Console, and a new revision issued ?

e.g., I see that there are 3 independent ant. inputs.
So, i imagine, this at least would require a modification.

Any thoughts on ?

Regards,
Bob

Larry Dodd

Bob
Until we can get an actual product to test it won’t be known if the driver is compatible or not. Looking at the specifications I don’t see anything to suggest that it will be an any better receiver than the SDRplay2. Time will tell.
Larry

On Nov 1, 2019, at 4:13 PM, rmrrgs <rgsrose@...> wrote:

Hi,

Just read that SDRPlay has come out with a replacemnt
for their RSP-2

Called  RSPdx.  Would probably like to get it if/when usable with Console and sell y RSP-2

Can Console interface with it now, or will there have to be some
changes modified to Console, and a new revision issued ?

e.g., I see that there are 3 independent ant. inputs.
So, i imagine, this at least would require a modification.

Any thoughts on ?

Regards,
Bob

Paul NN4F

It will work once Simon gets one and the new api

I’ve been using one for about 2 months now, it is better than the rsp2 and better than the current rsp1a below 2mhz due to extra filtering... see the sdrplay website for comparison specs, but like I said been using it for about 2 months and YES much better than the 2/2pro

Paul

--
Paul Jones - NN4F
Email: paul@...

On Nov 1, 2019, at 17:28, Larry Dodd <101science@...> wrote:

[...]

Roger Need

Comparison Matrix for new RSPdx

David J Taylor

It will work once Simon gets one and the new api

I???ve been using one for about 2 months now, it is better than the rsp2 and better than the current rsp1a below 2mhz due to extra filtering... see the sdrplay website for comparison specs, but like I said been using it for about 2 months and YES much better than the 2/2pro

Paul

Paul, a comparison with the Airspy HF+ discovery would be most interesting.

David GM8ARV
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter: @gm8arv

Joe Roth

I received my RSPdx on the 26th from HRO. WONDERFUL unit!! But sadly, will not work with Simon's program... yet.
I tried, but it was recognized as the RSPduo, and that will not work.

I’m currently implementing version 3.06 of the SDPlay API (was previously on version 2.x). I have the RSP1, RSP1A working. Next is the RSP2 then the RSPDx.

I’m very impressed with the 3.06 API – it’s made the implementation much simpler than it was previously.

I received my RSPdx on the 26th from HRO. WONDERFUL unit!! But sadly, will not work with Simon's program... yet.
I tried, but it was recognized as the RSPduo, and that will not work.

Larry Dodd

Thanks Simon.
Larry
K4LED

On Nov 30, 2019, at 1:36 PM, Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

Hi,

I’m currently implementing version 3.06 of the SDPlay API (was previously on version 2.x). I have the RSP1, RSP1A working. Next is the RSP2 then the RSPDx.

I’m very impressed with the 3.06 API – it’s made the implementation much simpler than it was previously.

I received my RSPdx on the 26th from HRO. WONDERFUL unit!! But sadly, will not work with Simon's program... yet.
I tried, but it was recognized as the RSPduo, and that will not work.

Barry Baines

Simon:

Your note below doesn’t reference the RSPduo.   Presumably the current software supports single tuner mode for the RSPduo.   Will providing second tuner capability for the RSPduo be something that will be added as part of your current efforts  to provide SDRPlay updates?

73,

Barry Baines, WD4ASW
Keller, TX
(Currently in Boston, MA)

On Nov 30, 2019, at 1:36 PM, Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

Hi,

I’m currently implementing version 3.06 of the SDPlay API (was previously on version 2.x). I have the RSP1, RSP1A working. Next is the RSP2 then the RSPDx.

I’m very impressed with the 3.06 API – it’s made the implementation much simpler than it was previously.

Simon Brown, G4ELI