Topics

"Mysterious modulation"

Zacharias Liangas

...with the hope that this will not be deleted from the group .

This is not a problem of console but a rather awkward case of bad transmission . .
The station shown below is a new called Voice of Iran . It is transmitted supposedly from Yerevan (Armenia).

The first time I checked it was with my ICOM R75 and heard OK in AM mode . While trying to use ECSS to center in the frequency i understood that something wrong happened : It sounded as  a pulsating carrier with more than 10 pulses per second.

I immediately checked back to my laptop and both SDRUno and SDRC and made some screenshots
The SDRC photos are included  here while the UNo's screenshot is posted in
https://www.flickr.com/photos/zachgr/49126465837/in/dateposted-public/
Just see on how different are both programs for  the same station!

Someone from a email group advised that the  trasnmitter is faulty. A few days after , the transmission is back to real AM

...with the hope that this will not be deleted from the group .

Dick

Hi Zacharias,
The https://groups.io/g/UDXF group might be a good (better) place to post this.
Especially if you are looking for more info on this signal.

Cheers,
Dick