To: sdr-radio-com@...
From: rfspace@...
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 19:37:43 -0400
Subject: [sdr-radio-com] mutiny

Simon,

Give the anxious users a preview release. It has already been a while since the last beta.

back to work on the muon capture, quadrature digitizer.

Pieter

Simon HB9DRV <simon@...>

I think he means EME moon.

Anyway - maybe a preview a bit later today.

Simon Brown, HB9DRV

http://sdr-radio.com

Give the anxious users a preview release. It has already been a while since the last beta.

back to work on the muon capture, quadrature digitizer.

Pieter

Simon HB9DRV <simon@...>

If you're feeling very brave visit: http://www.sdr-radio.com/Downloads/BetaKits.aspx

'Warts and All'

Simon Brown, HB9DRV

http://sdr-radio.com

From: sdr-radio-com@... [mailto:sdr-radio-com@...] On Behalf Of Simon HB9DRV

Anyway - maybe a preview a bit later today.

Eckhard

Hi Simon,

thank you very much for the new version! I'm just about to test it, and of course I tried to get it work with my SI570-based LIMA SDR. Before I invest to much time: should this already work? In the options/SoftRock folder my device is not recognized. In the windows device manager it is listed as LibUSB-Win32 Device&#92;AVR USB Device. I use the driver from www.obdev.at, Version 0.1.12.1. It works in my W7 64bit system without any problems using the ExtIO_SI570.dll (V 1.0.0.1, last change 16.5.2010).
How do I have to configure my system to make this work?

73

Eckhard Roth

From: sdr-radio-com@... [mailto:sdr-radio-com@...]
On Behalf Of Simon HB9DRV

Anyway - maybe a preview a bit later today.

Simon HB9DRV <simon@...>

Hi,

Please give me a URL for this SDR, I will have to buy one to be able to add support, this is the easiest solution.

Simon Brown, HB9DRV

http://sdr-radio.com

From: sdr-radio-com@... [mailto:sdr-radio-com@...] On Behalf Of eckrot

thank you very much for the new version! I'm just about to test it, and of course I tried to get it work with my SI570-based LIMA SDR. Before I invest to much time: should this already work? In the options/SoftRock folder my device is not recognized. In the windows device manager it is listed as LibUSB-Win32 Device\AVR USB Device. I use the driver from www.obdev.at, Version 0.1.12.1. It works in my W7 64bit system without any problems using the ExtIO_SI570.dll (V 1.0.0.1, last change 16.5.2010).

You can find it as kit under http://www.darc.de/distrikte/l/02/sdr/. You could also have mine for a while, just give me a message.

From: sdr-radio-com@... [mailto:sdr-radio-com@...]
On Behalf Of eckrot

thank you very much for the new version! I'm just about to test it, and of
course I tried to get it work with my SI570-based LIMA SDR. Before I invest
to much time: should this already work? In the options/SoftRock folder my
device is not recognized. In the windows device manager it is listed as
LibUSB-Win32 Device&#92;AVR USB Device. I use the driver from www.obdev.at,
Version 0.1.12.1. It works in my W7 64bit system without any problems using
the ExtIO_SI570.dll (V 1.0.0.1, last change 16.5.2010).
How do I have to configure my system to make this work?

drmail377

It sounds to me like the LIMA SDR you have is using Fred's (PE0FKO) Si570 firmware and driver or something very similar. Fred's firmware and driver is used iwth the current Softrock radios (V9.0 and Ensemble).

See this page; scroll down and the readme has all the API information:

http://home.ict.nl/~fredkrom/pe0fko/SR-V9-Si570/

If I'm not mistaken this is very similar to the firmware and driver for the QRP2000 Si570 synthesizer kit from here:

http://www.sdr-kits.net/

There's a little stand-alone controller application that will control both versions allowing you to set the frequency in Windows here:

http://www.sdr-kits.net/USB/USB_Description.html#Ordering

So the short of it is that if Simon's application works with a Softrock V9.0 or later radio, it very well may work with the LIMA SDR.

Best 73's David WB4ONA

From: sdr-radio-com@... [mailto:sdr-radio-com@...]
On Behalf Of Simon HB9DRV

Anyway - maybe a preview a bit later today.

Alan <alan4alan@...>

It sounds to me like the LIMA SDR you have is using Fred's (PE0FKO) Si570 firmware and driver or something very similar.
We seem to have established that the supplied Si570 has a different I2C address. Reprogramming, or changing it's AVR with Fred's firmware is an option that has not been taken up.

73 Alan G4ZFQ

Eckhard

I've ordered AVR's with the newest Fred's firmware and tested it. The first results have been negative in the LIMA SDR. Instead of a normal signal spectrum I had a spectrum of peaks in the display, changing their distance when changing frequency. I have no idea why this could happen, I'll repeat the test. But meanwhile I switched back to the original AVR-firmware of the LIMA SDR and got it work with PowerSDR (see: http://www.darc.de/distrikte/l/02/sdr/dateien/Installationsanleitung_PowerSDR_1_19.pdf). So, there must be a way to have it run also with the SDRConsole ...

73

Eckhard

It sounds to me like the LIMA SDR you have is using Fred's (PE0FKO) Si570
firmware and driver or something very similar.
We seem to have established that the supplied Si570 has a different I2C
address. Reprogramming, or changing it's AVR with Fred's firmware is an
option that has not been taken up.

73 Alan G4ZFQ

Bruce Tanner

WoW! Love the new graphics presentation. Working 'out of the box' on CW and SSB all bands with Softrock RX Ensemble. AM mode has lots of AC Hum and distortion for some reason,  not present with former kit.

Thanks for sharing the beta... I feel satisfied and will eagerly await the finished product, Simon.  I don't know what sustains you unless it is the walks with the pups and an occasional brew! :)

Bruce, K2BET

PS: I agree... you must be daring and fortify yourself before playing this version....

--------------------------------

From: sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Simon HB9DRV

Anyway - maybe a preview a bit later today.

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5305 (20100723) __________

http://www.eset.com

RFSPACE

I believe if you turn NR2 OFF the hum goes away on AM

Pieter

From: sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Simon HB9DRV

Anyway - maybe a preview a bit later today.

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5305 (20100723) __________

http://www.eset.com

Bruce Tanner

Addendum... using WIN 7 64 bit with this new beta version, with Fred's new dll files to avoid having to boot up in 'test' mode.  I can demod  an AM signal using DSB mode but it is not the usual high quality of sound in that mode.

Bruce
------------------

From: sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Simon HB9DRV

Anyway - maybe a preview a bit later today.

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5305 (20100723) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5305 (20100723) __________

http://www.eset.com

Bruce Tanner

This does not appear to resolve the issue for me. I am using the Edirol FA-66 external USB sound interface for whatever that info  may be worth.

bet
-----------

From: sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Simon HB9DRV

Anyway - maybe a preview a bit later today.

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5305 (20100723) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5305 (20100723) __________

http://www.eset.com

jmiles56@sbcglobal.net <jmiles56@...>

Just installed the beta on my win 7 64bit laptop and ran my sdr-iq with no problems. Got to say I'm
Enjoying the sdr-iq more every day. Simons software make it a joy to use! Are there things that I would like to see added...yes..but I think it's headed in a fantastic direction.

Thanks Simon
Jim

From: "eckrot"

I've ordered AVR's with the newest Fred's firmware and tested it.
Sorry, I did not think you had tried it.
Did you change the I2C address in the AVR with CFGSR?
Have you checked what frequency the Si570 is producing?

73 Alan G4ZFQ

Andy obrien <k3ukandy@...>

The mouse scroll seems to work much smoother on fine tune.

Andy K3UK

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 10:49 AM, eckrot <eckrot@...> wrote:

Hi Alan,

I've got it work now. It was the missing set-up with CFGSR.

Now, we have to wait for a more stable version of the SDRConsole, supporting also ASIO audio ...

Thank you!

73

Eckhard

Simon HB9DRV <simon@...>

Hi,

1) What's not stable for you?

2) What advantage do you see in using the ASIO drivers?

Simon Brown, HB9DRV

http://sdr-radio.com

--- In sdr-radio-com@..., "Alan" wrote:

> [...]

Simon HB9DRV <simon@...>

Possible - the code should only get better :)

Simon Brown, HB9DRV

http://sdr-radio.com