Multi-Band Display

Simon Brown

So,

Here’s something I added a couple of years ago but never finished so it’s not available. What it needs is a layout / configuration window which includes the ability to have different window sizes as well as frequency ranges.

I’ll maybe look at this again as a solution to Ingolf, SM6FHZ’s wishes.

Tom Crosbie G6PZZ

Interesting Simon,

I could certainly use that kind of layout as an SWL. I could use the top three windows as one window displaying all of the MW band, which is my main interest. Then the other windows displaying the short wave bands, 49m, 31m, 25m etc.

No TX for me these days.

Assuming enough demand and you were to implement this, any idea of timescale?

Tom G6PZZ

Here’s something I added a couple of years ago but never finished so it’s not available. What it needs is a layout / configuration window which includes the ability to have different window sizes as well as frequency ranges.

I’ll maybe look at this again as a solution to Ingolf, SM6FHZ’s wishes.

Attachments:

Simon Brown

Hi Tom,

The sort of layout you suggest would be supported. I realise this would be most useful for 4m / 2m / 70cms. May happen this year…

Here’s something I added a couple of years ago but never finished so it’s not available. What it needs is a layout / configuration window which includes the ability to have different window sizes as well as frequency ranges.

I’ll maybe look at this again as a solution to Ingolf, SM6FHZ’s wishes.

Attachments:

Tom Crosbie G6PZZ

One of the reasons I don’t TX is because I’ll never have n antenna system like this again!

14 ele on 2m

2 x 17 ele on 70cms

1 x dual band vertical for local nets.

I might still have a dual band mobile in the shed…

Tom G6PZZ

The sort of layout you suggest would be supported. I realise this would be most useful for 4m / 2m / 70cms. May happen this year…

Here’s something I added a couple of years ago but never finished so it’s not available. What it needs is a layout / configuration window which includes the ability to have different window sizes as well as frequency ranges.

I’ll maybe look at this again as a solution to Ingolf, SM6FHZ’s wishes.

Attachments:

Tom Crosbie G6PZZ

Oops!

Attachment lost in the ether.

The sort of layout you suggest would be supported. I realise this would be most useful for 4m / 2m / 70cms. May happen this year…

Here’s something I added a couple of years ago but never finished so it’s not available. What it needs is a layout / configuration window which includes the ability to have different window sizes as well as frequency ranges.

I’ll maybe look at this again as a solution to Ingolf, SM6FHZ’s wishes.

Attachments:

Attachments:

Tracey Gardner

Hello Simon

I am in the process of gathering the parts for a multi-band VHF/UHF SDR monitoring set up and your windows/panes system would seem ideal for the job.
I have Airspy Minis for 6m, 4m, 2m and an Airspy R2 for 70cms.
Ideally I would like each window to be able stretch the full width of the monitor/s, which would mean four stacked windows, with perhaps a fifth to allow 23cm in the future

73s Tracey G5VU

The sort of layout you suggest would be supported. I realise this would be most useful for 4m / 2m / 70cms. May happen this year…

Here’s something I added a couple of years ago but never finished so it’s not available. What it needs is a layout / configuration window which includes the ability to have different window sizes as well as frequency ranges.

I’ll maybe look at this again as a solution to Ingolf, SM6FHZ’s wishes.

Attachments:

This display is still only for a single SDR, I was using an ELAD S3 with 24MHz bandwidth, ~20MHz usable bandwidth.

As for VHF monitoring – it’s very, very lonely on VHF except during the monthly RSGB contests.

The sort of layout you suggest would be supported. I realise this would be most useful for 4m / 2m / 70cms. May happen this year…

Here’s something I added a couple of years ago but never finished so it’s not available. What it needs is a layout / configuration window which includes the ability to have different window sizes as well as frequency ranges.

I’ll maybe look at this again as a solution to Ingolf, SM6FHZ’s wishes.

Attachments:

Get a box trailer, go out portable.

The sort of layout you suggest would be supported. I realise this would be most useful for 4m / 2m / 70cms. May happen this year…

Here’s something I added a couple of years ago but never finished so it’s not available. What it needs is a layout / configuration window which includes the ability to have different window sizes as well as frequency ranges.

I’ll maybe look at this again as a solution to Ingolf, SM6FHZ’s wishes.

Attachments:

Attachments:

In fact,

I’ll spend a few days so I can define layouts in a 16 : 9 matrix with quite fine resolution this is quite boring work – this is what stopped me moving forward a few years ago. Anyway, when done we can have a play and see if it’s at all usable.

The sort of layout you suggest would be supported. I realise this would be most useful for 4m / 2m / 70cms. May happen this year…

Here’s something I added a couple of years ago but never finished so it’s not available. What it needs is a layout / configuration window which includes the ability to have different window sizes as well as frequency ranges.

I’ll maybe look at this again as a solution to Ingolf, SM6FHZ’s wishes.

Attachments:

Tom Crosbie G6PZZ

A great idea Simon but the DVLA took away my licence after my stroke plus I was on a heap of medication (still am!). I’ve got a perfectly good car on the drive and it is so tempting…

Derbyshire has some wonderful hilltops. In fact not too far from me is a great example that used to be a pub (now a private residence) and from the car park you could see Lincoln Cathedral on a clear day even with cheap binoculars.

Tom G6PZZ