Topics

MINOR ISSUE WITH LATEST RELEASE

Steve KH6CT
 

The first few times I used 3.0.13, it worked perfectly; thank you very much Simon and the Team.
Now, when I start, the program loads up but gives me no spectrum or waterfall.  I get a "Server Busy" pop-up.  See screenshot.  Clicking on the Switch To option calls the Win10 start menu.  This is pretty useless to me since I use classic shell, but suffice it to say, I can find no text or graphic on this menu which points to V3.  After clearing this start menu, sometimes the program will finish starting and show a spectrum and waterfall.  Sometimes it doesn't. 

Using V3 as a panadapter only on a Win10 (1903) on an I5 processor with 8Gb of ram.  This machine has always handled V3 and the other ham software very well.

Any help would be appreciated.
Steve KH6CT

Siegfried Jackstien
 

steve ... do NOT place picture INSIDE text but add it to the mail

(i grabbed your pic from mail but it is blurred)

greetz sigi dg9bfc

(ps resend original pls)

Am 02.09.2019 um 19:16 schrieb Steve KH6CT:

The first few times I used 3.0.13, it worked perfectly; thank you very much Simon and the Team.
Now, when I start, the program loads up but gives me no spectrum or waterfall.  I get a "Server Busy" pop-up.  See screenshot.  Clicking on the Switch To option calls the Win10 start menu.  This is pretty useless to me since I use classic shell, but suffice it to say, I can find no text or graphic on this menu which points to V3.  After clearing this start menu, sometimes the program will finish starting and show a spectrum and waterfall.  Sometimes it doesn't. 

Using V3 as a panadapter only on a Win10 (1903) on an I5 processor with 8Gb of ram.  This machine has always handled V3 and the other ham software very well.

Any help would be appreciated.
Steve KH6CT

Steve KH6CT
 

Siegfried...  Sorry, is the attachment more clear ?  This is a screen shot from the Win 10 app.  The screen shot function built into Console V3 would not work.
Steve KH6CT

Siegfried Jackstien
 

dont ask me ... its simon who needs that :-)

greetz sigi

dg9bfc

ps yes much clearer that way ...

Am 02.09.2019 um 20:10 schrieb Steve KH6CT:

Siegfried...  Sorry, is the attachment more clear ?  This is a screen shot from the Win 10 app.  The screen shot function built into Console V3 would not work.
Steve KH6CT

Simon Brown
 

Have you restarted the PC?

 

I’ve never seen this before. Using Google and searching for windows start program server busy message I get some hints. My program doesn’t acess the internet unless you’ve mapped folders or something. Virus?

 

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com

 

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Siegfried Jackstien
Sent: 02 September 2019 21:34
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] MINOR ISSUE WITH LATEST RELEASE

 

dont ask me ... its simon who needs that :-)

greetz sigi

dg9bfc

ps yes much clearer that way ...

Am 02.09.2019 um 20:10 schrieb Steve KH6CT:

Siegfried...  Sorry, is the attachment more clear ?  This is a screen shot from the Win 10 app.  The screen shot function built into Console V3 would not work.
Steve KH6CT

Ray Lyford
 

I have seen this recently in Windows.  It was to do with damaged Internet feed cable causing odd stuff to happen.  Called my internet supplier and they replaced the cable. Problem stopped right after that was done.  Maybe not the same issue but thought i would mention it.

Ray


From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> on behalf of Simon Brown <simon@...>
Sent: 03 September 2019 05:39
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] MINOR ISSUE WITH LATEST RELEASE
 

Have you restarted the PC?

 

I’ve never seen this before. Using Google and searching for windows start program server busy message I get some hints. My program doesn’t acess the internet unless you’ve mapped folders or something. Virus?

 

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com

 

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Siegfried Jackstien
Sent: 02 September 2019 21:34
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] MINOR ISSUE WITH LATEST RELEASE

 

dont ask me ... its simon who needs that :-)

greetz sigi

dg9bfc

ps yes much clearer that way ...

Am 02.09.2019 um 20:10 schrieb Steve KH6CT:

Siegfried...  Sorry, is the attachment more clear ?  This is a screen shot from the Win 10 app.  The screen shot function built into Console V3 would not work.
Steve KH6CT

Steve KH6CT
 

Simon and Ray, thanks for the responses.
The computer is restarted daily.
Uninstall and reinstall of V3 doesn't help.
Disconnected from the internet and seeing same results as when connected.
Clicking on the "Switch to" option calls the Win10 start menu.  Repeated clicking on "Switch to" and viewing the start menu  and then clicking in the big black spot where the spectrum should be sometimes causes the program to start.  When closing station by clicking on the red X to terminate the program causes a little blue circle to appear over the X then disappear with the pop-up that Console V3 is not responding.....  From that point, I usually have to shutdown the computer to clear the program.  Bad thing about this mess is that nothing seems repeatable. 
Just reporting all this in case there is a minor bug somewhere or maybe someone will learn from my experiences.
Anyhow, thanks again.  I still love the program, best thing out there and gets better all the time !!
Steve  KH6CT

jdow
 

What happens when you select "Switch To..."? You might find which "server" is busy. What happens if nothing else is running when you start SDRC? If it starts OK then add a program and try again until it fails. Then you know what must be examined closer.

{^_^}

On 20190903 17:44:46, Steve KH6CT wrote:
Simon and Ray, thanks for the responses.
The computer is restarted daily.
Uninstall and reinstall of V3 doesn't help.
Disconnected from the internet and seeing same results as when connected.
Clicking on the "Switch to" option calls the Win10 start menu.  Repeated clicking on "Switch to" and viewing the start menu  and then clicking in the big black spot where the spectrum should be sometimes causes the program to start. When closing station by clicking on the red X to terminate the program causes a little blue circle to appear over the X then disappear with the pop-up that Console V3 is not responding.....  From that point, I usually have to shutdown the computer to clear the program.  Bad thing about this mess is that nothing seems repeatable.
Just reporting all this in case there is a minor bug somewhere or maybe someone will learn from my experiences.
Anyhow, thanks again.  I still love the program, best thing out there and gets better all the time !!
Steve  KH6CT

Steve KH6CT
 

Hi JDOW...  When I select "Switch To...", the Win10 start menu appears.  I have not found anything in or on that start menu which tells me which server is busy.  So, it is of no help to me. 
When I open station, the sequence is....  Power (12VDC) on, FTdx300 on, computer on, double click the Console V3 icon on the desktop.  Program starts showing the "Switch To" but with no waterfall or spectrum.

Again, thanks for everyone's help, but think now it's time to FORMAT C and start all over.

73, Steve KH6CT

Joe Puma
 

The switch to server busy is a windows feature. A program is stuck somewhere. Are you using external radio with Omni-rig. Omni rig is notorious for causing this server busy error. 

Joe
Kd2nfc 



On Sep 4, 2019, at 10:30 AM, Steve KH6CT <KH6CT@...> wrote:

Hi JDOW...  When I select "Switch To...", the Win10 start menu appears.  I have not found anything in or on that start menu which tells me which server is busy.  So, it is of no help to me. 
When I open station, the sequence is....  Power (12VDC) on, FTdx300 on, computer on, double click the Console V3 icon on the desktop.  Program starts showing the "Switch To" but with no waterfall or spectrum.

Again, thanks for everyone's help, but think now it's time to FORMAT C and start all over.

73, Steve KH6CT

David De Coons
 

Do you happen to have Console tracking another radio? I’ve seen this when tracking is enabled. Something to do with omnirig. 

Dave wo2x

Sent from my waxed string and tin cans. 

On Sep 4, 2019, at 10:39 AM, Joe Puma <kd2nfc@...> wrote:

The switch to server busy is a windows feature. A program is stuck somewhere. Are you using external radio with Omni-rig. Omni rig is notorious for causing this server busy error. 

Joe
Kd2nfc 



On Sep 4, 2019, at 10:30 AM, Steve KH6CT <KH6CT@...> wrote:

Hi JDOW...  When I select "Switch To...", the Win10 start menu appears.  I have not found anything in or on that start menu which tells me which server is busy.  So, it is of no help to me. 
When I open station, the sequence is....  Power (12VDC) on, FTdx300 on, computer on, double click the Console V3 icon on the desktop.  Program starts showing the "Switch To" but with no waterfall or spectrum.

Again, thanks for everyone's help, but think now it's time to FORMAT C and start all over.

73, Steve KH6CT

Steve KH6CT
 

Thanks Joe and David...
Using Win4Yaesu, FTdx3000 and an old SDR-Play RSP.  The Yaesu and Console V3 always track together.
Is there a better option than Omnirig ?
As we speak, Win 10 and all the Ham stuff is being reinstalled....  So.... problem maybe solved.

Sometimes I think I was better off with the tin cans and string !!


73, Steve KH6CT

Steve KH6CT
 

Completed reinstalling Win10 and all ham stuff ...  Win4Yaesu, DXLabs, and Console V3.  I had previously configured Win4Yaesu to start DXLabs and then DxLabs was directed to start Console V3.  So, with one mouse double click everything almost started up.  The "Server busy...Switch To" problem was still there as a pop-up on Console V3.  Not giving up, I thought the issue may be related to the start sequence.
So, reconfigured all programs to start independently.  Started Win4Yaesu, then started Console V3 and finally, DXLab.  Problem solved !!!!  Everything started up cleanly, with no pop-up messages.

However, when closing station....  Closing Win4Yaesu first, then Console V3 and finally DXLabs, it seems that Console V3 takes a long time to close and a message appears that the program is not responding.  I get another cup of coffee, and by then, V3 is closed.

Except for that last little issue, everything works fine.  No clue as to what's really going on.

73, Steve KH6CT

Simon Brown
 

Steve,

 

The long close should have been fixed in 3.0.13 (I think) with a small bug fixed in 3.0.14 (not available).

 

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com

 

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve KH6CT
Sent: 09 September 2019 18:39
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] MINOR ISSUE WITH LATEST RELEASE

 

Completed reinstalling Win10 and all ham stuff ...  Win4Yaesu, DXLabs, and Console V3.  I had previously configured Win4Yaesu to start DXLabs and then DxLabs was directed to start Console V3.  So, with one mouse double click everything almost started up.  The "Server busy...Switch To" problem was still there as a pop-up on Console V3.  Not giving up, I thought the issue may be related to the start sequence.
So, reconfigured all programs to start independently.  Started Win4Yaesu, then started Console V3 and finally, DXLab.  Problem solved !!!!  Everything started up cleanly, with no pop-up messages.

However, when closing station....  Closing Win4Yaesu first, then Console V3 and finally DXLabs, it seems that Console V3 takes a long time to close and a message appears that the program is not responding.  I get another cup of coffee, and by then, V3 is closed.

Except for that last little issue, everything works fine.  No clue as to what's really going on.

73, Steve KH6CT

Siegfried Jackstien
 

fwiw ... i also have seen that please wait sign once ... on last beta (bugtrap doing its job)

does sometimes happen when closing without stopping radio first ... maybe caused by my slowish pc so not moaning about ... and it is very seldom ... could be some data in the buffer not processed but soft tries to close ... dont know and never been a real problem here

dg9bfc sigi

Am 09.09.2019 um 18:34 schrieb Simon Brown:

Steve,

 

The long close should have been fixed in 3.0.13 (I think) with a small bug fixed in 3.0.14 (not available).

 

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com

 

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve KH6CT
Sent: 09 September 2019 18:39
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] MINOR ISSUE WITH LATEST RELEASE

 

Completed reinstalling Win10 and all ham stuff ...  Win4Yaesu, DXLabs, and Console V3.  I had previously configured Win4Yaesu to start DXLabs and then DxLabs was directed to start Console V3.  So, with one mouse double click everything almost started up.  The "Server busy...Switch To" problem was still there as a pop-up on Console V3.  Not giving up, I thought the issue may be related to the start sequence.
So, reconfigured all programs to start independently.  Started Win4Yaesu, then started Console V3 and finally, DXLab.  Problem solved !!!!  Everything started up cleanly, with no pop-up messages.

However, when closing station....  Closing Win4Yaesu first, then Console V3 and finally DXLabs, it seems that Console V3 takes a long time to close and a message appears that the program is not responding.  I get another cup of coffee, and by then, V3 is closed.

Except for that last little issue, everything works fine.  No clue as to what's really going on.

73, Steve KH6CT

Dale Elshoff WB8CJW
 

Hi Sigi and all,

I see the Please Wait if I don't first shut down SDR Console before toggling off/on the audio service in the task manager when there is no audio.  I always have no audio after a Micro$oft update and have to pump the audio service and or Andrea Filters or remove/install the IDT HD sound CODEC to get it to wake up.  Then it is usually good for about another week.  My forgetting to close SDR-C and causing the error is understandable and my fault.

SDR Console: What a great program!

Dale WB8CJW


On 9/9/2019 3:36 PM, Siegfried Jackstien wrote:

fwiw ... i also have seen that please wait sign once ... on last beta (bugtrap doing its job)

does sometimes happen when closing without stopping radio first ... maybe caused by my slowish pc so not moaning about ... and it is very seldom ... could be some data in the buffer not processed but soft tries to close ... dont know and never been a real problem here

dg9bfc sigi

Am 09.09.2019 um 18:34 schrieb Simon Brown:

Steve,

 

The long close should have been fixed in 3.0.13 (I think) with a small bug fixed in 3.0.14 (not available).

 

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com

 

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve KH6CT
Sent: 09 September 2019 18:39
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] MINOR ISSUE WITH LATEST RELEASE

 

Completed reinstalling Win10 and all ham stuff ...  Win4Yaesu, DXLabs, and Console V3.  I had previously configured Win4Yaesu to start DXLabs and then DxLabs was directed to start Console V3.  So, with one mouse double click everything almost started up.  The "Server busy...Switch To" problem was still there as a pop-up on Console V3.  Not giving up, I thought the issue may be related to the start sequence.
So, reconfigured all programs to start independently.  Started Win4Yaesu, then started Console V3 and finally, DXLab.  Problem solved !!!!  Everything started up cleanly, with no pop-up messages.

However, when closing station....  Closing Win4Yaesu first, then Console V3 and finally DXLabs, it seems that Console V3 takes a long time to close and a message appears that the program is not responding.  I get another cup of coffee, and by then, V3 is closed.

Except for that last little issue, everything works fine.  No clue as to what's really going on.

73, Steve KH6CT



Virus-free. www.avast.com

Simon Brown
 

Dale,

 

The Please Wait is fixed. I may release 3.0.14 this week.

 

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com

 

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dale Elshoff WB8CJW
Sent: 09 September 2019 21:43
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] MINOR ISSUE WITH LATEST RELEASE

 

Hi Sigi and all,

I see the Please Wait if I don't first shut down SDR Console before toggling off/on the audio service in the task manager when there is no audio.  I always have no audio after a Micro$oft update and have to pump the audio service and or Andrea Filters or remove/install the IDT HD sound CODEC to get it to wake up.  Then it is usually good for about another week.  My forgetting to close SDR-C and causing the error is understandable and my fault.

SDR Console: What a great program!

Dale WB8CJW

Bart KA7ZFD
 

Mine does to, but I figured it was DXKeeper backing up.

--
Bart Van Allen
AA7VA