Topics

MF Medium Wave sharp notch filter video AM overload.

Paul Cianciolo

Hello All,
Heard quite a bit on here about AM band over load in the past on here and since the weather is colder I thought build a notch filter considering that I only 1 really big signal
S9 +70 With the notch filter I can reduce my interference  to a point where it it not a problem and preserve the rest of AM band.
Thought you guys might be interested;
Link is here  https://youtu.be/Tx7eeIgKtX8

PaulC
W1VLF

Brent Seres/ VE3CUS

I too had our local station on 800 khz causing massive overload.  I built a series tuned circuit using a ferrite toroid core, litz wire,  and an old 365 pF variable. Connected it across the RSP2  HF antenna input, so resonate signals were shorted to ground. It works very well, tunes very sharply   and is ideal if you only have one problem station.  A major metropolitan area would be a different story...

73
Brent

Sent from my Galaxy

Paul Cianciolo

Yes… I agree… I built a high pass filter for just that reason.

That works wonders in eliminating the whole band… But I miss my AM so I went for the notch as well.

PaulC

W1VLF

Check out my  Youtube Channel W1VLF