Topics

Meter

Greg Gilbert

Hi Group,

How to I set/recover to see this meter in the ribbon bar?

Thanks,

Greg

Kriss Kliegle

Three steps:

1  Click on View

2  Click on Signal Meter and choose which one you want to view (Analog or Digital)

3  Click on Scale to choose what units

See attachment!

73 Kriss KA1GJU

Zacharias Liangas

unrelated
HI kriss ,with which program you add the arrows in the pictures?

Kriss Kliegle

GM Zach,

Open screen shot with MS Paint, not MS Paint3D! I just haven't spent enough time with Paint3D, but I do
know enough about the old Paint program!

1 Chose the proper pointing arrow
2 Choose if you want a transparent (default) or a 'filled in' arrow.
3 Choose the two colors, Red and Black. First color is the arrow, second color is the fill if selected.
4 Click and drag on image to place an arrow.
5  You can always use the 'Undo' or 'Redo' buttons in upper left if you don't like what you see.
     Also, type of fill and colors can be changed as long as the object drawn is still highlighted with the dashed lines.
6 Click Text and draw a box and enter text, move box until text is exactly where you want and click.

73 Kriss KA1GJU

Hard part is finding a color that has good contrast with the original image! LOL

73 Kriss KA1GJU

Dick

FWIW, I use https://www.irfanview.com to create, view and edit my screenshots.

I start the program at windos startup and have assigned a key sequence (Ctrl + F11) to take a screenshot which is automatically saved in a designated folder with a date/time stamp.

Extremely usefull and above all easy to quickly take one or multiple screenshots while something interesting appears.

73, Dick PA2015

Barry Jablonski

Also, IrfanView has a Paint dialog under the Edit menu (F12) which allow you to annotate picture files (with circles/arrows/text...).

Barry
WB2ZXJ

Bjarne Mjelde

I have eventually gone to preferring Paint3D, because arrows and text can be tilted in any direction.
--
Bjarne Mjelde
arcticdx.blogspot.com

kb3cs

attached is a script for Gimp to make arrows

  - 1z (base 38) -