Topics

Looking into the Radio

michal.gordon@...

Hi everyone.
I'm looking into getting the radio. Any thoughts or tips on how to go about it?

Thanks,
Michal

Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU

Michal,

   You can start by downloading the software, and learn how to use it while using SDR Servers that are available all over the world. No radio to purchase! The same software can be used with an SDR locally at your location or via Internet at a remote location.
The software is available here:
https://www.sdr-radio.com/download
About halfway down you will find 3.0.25 and choose which Windows (32 or 64 bit).
Once installed, you need to build definitions. Definitions are essentially configuration files for a specific SDR. Since there are limitless mfgs of SDR's, the software ONLY will work with those for which it's designed. The list of approved SDR's is on the website:
https://www.sdr-radio.com/radios

Here's a 'How to use SDR Console with remote servers" I wrote a while back. It is a step by step procedure to get SDRC to operate on the online servers:
https://sdr-radio.groups.io/g/main/message/51635

Are you a licensed ham? If so, call sign? If not, where are you physically located so we can point you in the right direction for servers in your native country.

73 Kriss KA1GJU
Sysop of the 5 Super Station SDR Servers in New Hampshire, USA

Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU

OK looks like I was urinating into the wind!
The OP is a Spambot, per other groups.
Moderator(s), please unplug the Spambot.

73 Kriss KA1GJU

From the IC-7300 groups:
Hi everyone.
I'm looking in getting the ic-7300. Any thoughts or tips on how to go about it?
Thanks,
Michal

Alan G4ZFQ

Are you a licensed ham?
Kriss,

No someone who has made similar posts on many groups. "Looking into ...... "
No idea why, but his questions make it obvious he does not know what he is asking.
SDR-Radio is not a radio..

73 Alan G4ZFQ

Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU

Here's a link from the IC-7300 groups. Probably on other sites as well.
Exact same verbage, so probably just a spammer.
https://groups.io/g/ic-7300/topic/78355561#30929

73 Kriss KA1GJU

Jim Smith G0OFE

Have seen a couple of similar-ish posts before.

The hammer is poised if he does turn out to be a spammer 🔨🪓

================================
Need help with SDR Console? If you have a problem:
Go to https://www.sdr-radio.com/support
Please follow instructions in that link.
Jim, Bournemouth, Dorset. IO90BR.

On 19/11/2020 19:47, Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU wrote:
OK looks like I was urinating into the wind!
The OP is a Spambot, per other groups.
Moderator(s), please unplug the Spambot.

73 Kriss KA1GJU

From the IC-7300 groups: