Lock to CF

Bill Nollman

As you can tell, I'm learning SDR-Console this week and so far so good.

Using an ELAD S2 native software there is a button called "Lock to CF". This allows you to tune from 88 to 108 while the tuned frequency stays locked to the center of the display. This makes a smooth transition all the way across the FM band. When I tune from 88 to 108 with SDR-Console I can tune through the 6MHz bandwidth of the SDR but when I get to the right side of the screen the whole thing shifts left 3MHz and the cursor jumps back to the center. This actually causes the last frequency, in some cases, to be an overload image or distorted reception of the actual frequency. This isn't an SDR-Console bug as the ELAD S2 software does the same thing. Is there an option in SDR-Console to keep the tuned frequency in the center?

Thanks,
Bill Nollman
Farmington, CT

Tony_AD0VC

Bill,

Sounds like you are referring to the main waterfall/spectrum. If you open a receiver pane or a matrix window, these windows are centered on the tuned frequency. The main window is usually kept zoomed out to a much wider area (like the 20M band)  while a receiver pane or matrix window are used to see the signal more closely. To compare with other SDR programs with an LO, the main window is centered on the LO while the radio/matrix are cenetered on the tuned frequency. It's a different approach.

Tony

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> on behalf of Bill Nollman <billct97@...>
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2022 4:33 PM
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io>
Subject: [SDR-Radio] Lock to CF

As you can tell, I'm learning SDR-Console this week and so far so good.

Using an ELAD S2 native software there is a button called "Lock to CF". This allows you to tune from 88 to 108 while the tuned frequency stays locked to the center of the display. This makes a smooth transition all the way across the FM band. When I tune from 88 to 108 with SDR-Console I can tune through the 6MHz bandwidth of the SDR but when I get to the right side of the screen the whole thing shifts left 3MHz and the cursor jumps back to the center. This actually causes the last frequency, in some cases, to be an overload image or distorted reception of the actual frequency. This isn't an SDR-Console bug as the ELAD S2 software does the same thing. Is there an option in SDR-Console to keep the tuned frequency in the center?

Thanks,
Bill Nollman
Farmington, CT

Bill Nollman

Thanks Tony. Unfortunately the RDS auto-logging script I'm using (and written by someone else) tunes the SDR off the main waterfall. If there isn't a way to center the main window that's fine. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing a setting.

Bill