Topics

LimeSDR - Transmit Status

Simon Brown

So,

Spent some of yesterday and most of today on this. In short LimeSDR transmit works:

  • Things to do
  • Not full duplex (yet)
  • Buggy in parts

But it does work. Will not be in kits for a few weeks yet.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

www.dxgalaxy.com
www.sdr-radio.com
www.sdr-satellites.com

paul newcombe

Thank you 😊

I will clear the bench ready for some winter testing.

My aim is a 2m SDR TX/RX for driving transverters but in dreamland it would be to add the expansion board and have a 10GHz SDR Rig.

I wait with baited breath....

Paul N2EME

Spent some of yesterday and most of today on this. In short LimeSDR transmit works:

  • Things to do
  • Not full duplex (yet)
  • Buggy in parts

But it does work. Will not be in kits for a few weeks yet.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

www.dxgalaxy.com

www.dxgalaxy.com
At the moment you can't register, but if I ever get time I'll add registration so you can post spots. Please don't hold your breath - I have a lot to do such as book ...

www.sdr-radio.com
www.sdr-radio.com
Software-defined radio (SDR) is a radio communication system where components that have been typically implemented in hardware (e.g. mixers, filters, amplifiers ...

www.sdr-satellites.com
www.sdr-satellites.com
This website describes the first preview of the satellite tracking interface in version 3 of the SDR-Radio.com SDR software. The satellite tracking provides a simple ...

Freeman Pascal

I'll say it again Simon, SDRRadio is the only reason I'm tempted to use Windows instead of Linux for my radio work. I wish I had a large sum of free cash to entice you to port SDRRadio to Linux.

-Freeman, N5FPP

On Sun, Dec 3, 2017 at 1:10 PM, Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

So,

Spent some of yesterday and most of today on this. In short LimeSDR transmit works:

  • Things to do
  • Not full duplex (yet)
  • Buggy in parts

But it does work. Will not be in kits for a few weeks yet.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

www.dxgalaxy.com
www.sdr-radio.com
www.sdr-satellites.com

Simon Brown

$250k up front and I’ll consider it.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

www.dxgalaxy.com
www.sdr-radio.com
www.sdr-satellites.com

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io [mailto:main@SDR-Radio.groups.io] On Behalf Of Freeman Pascal

I wish I had a large sum of free cash to entice you to port SDRRadio to Linux.

I don’t have the expansion board (yet) so can’t add that support.

[...]

Knowing your previous comments on the subject I'm sure that amount is for "Pain and Suffering" and therapy - hehe :)

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io [mailto:main@....io] On Behalf Of Freeman Pascal

I wish I had a large sum of free cash to entice you to port SDRRadio to Linux.

Ken Alexander

Don't do it Simon...or at least ask for a LOT more!
All this Github stuff and users compiling our own software is BS!

73,

Ken
VE3HLS

I wish I had a large sum of free cash to entice you to port SDRRadio to Linux.

Simon Brown

Ken,

I agree totally. For 95% of users it should be a simple installation then – it’s Play Time!

Don't do it Simon...or at least ask for a LOT more!

All this Github stuff and users compiling our own software is BS!

73,

Ken

VE3HLS

Simon Brown

BTW,

Just LSB / USB / Am at the moment, no CW.

[...]

Simon,

What matters is that the TX side works. Refinements later.

For myself I will only be looking to use USB and feed it with WSJT 9 and WSJT-x.

I do like that I can add a USB mic for the 3 occassion a decade that I need to use a mic but that is just the same as a WSJT input.

Paul N2EME

[...]

Mike Seguin

Simon,

Any chance you'll support GPIO? That would make a complete solution. (Anxiously awaiting the 5/10 GHz board here)

Mike

www.dxgalaxy.com <http://www.dxgalaxy.com/>
www.sdr-radio.com <http://www.sdr-radio.com/>
www.sdr-satellites.com <http://www.sdr-satellites.com>
DX Galaxy <http://www.dxgalaxy.com/>
SDR-Radio <http://www.sdr-radio.com/>
SDR Satellites <http://www.sdr-satellites.com/>
--

73,
Mike, N1JEZ

Simon Brown

Mike,

I was looking at the GPIO interface but didn't really understand it. Give me an example of what's needed please.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

www.dxgalaxy.com
www.sdr-radio.com
www.sdr-satellites.com

[...]

In the same way that the ANAN in SDRC has definable pins so that you can switch transverters etc as you change bands?

If so that sounds like a really good idea.

Paul

Any chance you'll support GPIO? That would make a complete solution.
(Anxiously awaiting the 5/10 GHz board here)

Mike

On 12/3/2017 5:06 PM, Simon Brown wrote:
> BTW,
>
> Just LSB / USB / Am at the moment, no CW.
>
> Simon Brown, G4ELI
>
> www.dxgalaxy.com <http://www.dxgalaxy.com/> www.sdr-radio.com
> <http://www.sdr-radio.com/> www.sdr-satellites.com
> <http://www.sdr-satellites.com>

Exactly. Power amps, RF relays, filter banks, preamps etc etc etc... 'On Air' light outside the Shack :-}

Input might be useful as well. I think that is supported. I'm thinking foot switch for PTT?

It looks like that is supported on the J12 GPIO block?

Mike

www.dxgalaxy.com <http://www.dxgalaxy.com> <http://www.dxgalaxy.com/>
www.sdr-radio.com <http://www.sdr-radio.com> <http://www.sdr-radio.com/>
[...]

OK,

I know I can send / read so I'll add this but don't have any real way of measuring pin voltages easily, but have a second board + oscilloscope etc.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

www.dxgalaxy.com
www.sdr-radio.com
www.sdr-satellites.com

www.dxgalaxy.com <http://www.dxgalaxy.com> DX Galaxy
<http://www.dxgalaxy.com/> www.dxgalaxy.com At the moment you can't

www.sdr-radio.com <http://www.sdr-radio.com> SDR-Radio
<http://www.sdr-radio.com/> www.sdr-radio.com Software-defined radio

www.sdr-satellites.com <http://www.sdr-satellites.com> SDR Satellites
<http://www.sdr-satellites.com/> www.sdr-satellites.com This website

*From:*main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <mailto:main@SDR-Radio.groups.io>
[...]

Hi Simon,

There was a board on Crowd Supply... It seems a bit expensive, but should be plug and play. (We need less time plugging and more time playing...)

https://www.crowdsupply.com/lime-micro/limesdr/updates/gpio-board-and-hacker-case

Definitely need to isolate any kind of switching like this as the GPIO is right off the FPGA. Don't want to risk any type of surge heading back to the FPGA.

Mike

*From:*main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <mailto:main@SDR-Radio.groups.io>
[...]

Siegfried Jackstien

i ordered a gpio board and the up/downmixer

hopefully they will arrive soon

then add a few poweramps for the higher bands

dg9bfc sigi

*From:*main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <mailto:main@SDR-Radio.groups.io>
[...]

steve@...

Hi,

I just wanted to check if we should currently expect a PTT ouput on the J12 GPIO yet ?

The other option that might work (for me anyway) is if there is a way a run a custom script at the start and end of a TX.   I could then send commands to my switching board to control TX/RX switching.

thx,
Steve