LimeSDR Mini 2.0 is Now Live!

Simon Brown

Reborn.

From: Crowd Supply <no-reply@...>
Sent: 01 June 2022 20:39
To: Simon Brown <Simon@...>
Subject: LimeSDR Mini Update: LimeSDR Mini 2.0 is Now Live!

Crowd Supply
An update from the LimeSDR Mini team.
LimeSDR Mini 2.0 is Now Live!

The wait is over! We're excited to announce that the LimeSDR Mini 2.0 campaign is now live. Here are a few important details.
Read the Full Update

Ref Clock - looking at the image I see a teeny-tiny connector for a reference clock, that's good news. It's at the top of the underside image.

The wait is over! We're excited to announce that the LimeSDR Mini 2.0 campaign is now live. Here are a few important details.
Read the Full Update

jose maria trueba

Those two tiny ULC connectors for external reference clock aren't new.
The only thing new is the FPGA with 44K logic gates, replacing the old one by Intel with 16K.

Simon Brown

Ah,

OK. I just hope I don't have to buy one to support a change in the API. $399 is a lot.

Those two tiny ULC connectors for external reference clock aren't new.
The only thing new is the FPGA with 44K logic gates, replacing the old one by Intel with 16K.

Max

On Thu, Jun 2, 2022 at 06:01 AM, Simon Brown wrote:

LimeSDR Mini 2.0 is Now Live!

The wait is over! We're excited to announce that the LimeSDR Mini 2.0 campaign is now live. Here are a few important details.
Would anyone with greater knowledge than I, care to compare the spec of new LimeSDR Mini 2.0 with Pluto? In addition to QO100 also thinking if either is suitable as a general purpose VHF/UHF/SHF transceiver? I see Lime goes down to 10MHz so good for 6m. Pluto only down to 70MHz and even then when hacked slightly? Comments?

Max

David J Taylor

On 02/06/2022 12:56, Simon Brown wrote:
Ah,
OK. I just hope I don't have to buy one to support a change in the API. $399 is a lot.
Simon Brown
https://g4eli.com <https://g4eli.com>
https://sdr-radio.com <https://sdr-radio.com>
The Lime promised lots of things when first released, but they never happened. Many folks had reliability issues. At the US $399 price, I'm not interested.

I /might/ get one of the new Plutos, depending on price.

I do have one of the CaribouLite RPi HAT on oreder:

https://www.crowdsupply.com/cariboulabs/cariboulite-rpi-hat

https://www.crowdsupply.com/img/0952/cariboulite-side-perspective2-cs_jpg_tile-xl.jpg

US $138 + shipping is more in my price range.

David GM8ARV
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter: @gm8arv

David Hopkins

I have also ordered one of these CaribouLite.
Sure hope Simon adds this radio to sdr console when it ships.
Appears much better value than the Lime mini

David VK4ZF

--
Definitely not sent from an I-Phone

David G Hopkins (VK4ZF)

jose maria trueba

Specs of both are similar in general, but I think Lime is much better because clock stability in Pluto is inadmissible for SSB and CW.

At only 12 bit and considering the very many spurs I think that none of them are good enough for a serious HF nor a VHF transceiver.
But both of them are very good toys to play with at UHF for TV and satellites because a high dynamic range is not required, once Pluto gets the required replacing of the TCXO which is not too difficult but implies voiding warranties and the risk of ruining it.

By the way.... I never heard of reliability issues from none of them.

Siegfried Jackstien

if you compare a non moded pluto with a lime or lime mini ... then you are right ... lime has better stability

but near all users either feed in an external clock or replace the clock in the pluto ... and then i think the pluto is better (after modding)

greetz sigi dg9bfc