Topics

LimeSDR GPIO

Mike Seguin

Hi Simon,

I have been working with the LimeSDR C# project from Goran, YT7PWR. He is using PowerSDR for his GUI. He has GPIO supported. His implementation looks good. Might you consider duplicating his implementation for pinouts? That way we'd have a loose 'standard' so that if we were to switch between software, our external wiring would still work.

Here's his layout:
- J12 connector
- Outputs: 0-3 BPF (4 bits), 4-PTT (MOX)
- Inputs: 5-PTT microphone, 6-keyer DASH, 7-keyer DOT

To set up the 0-3 GPO BPF bits, Goran has a separate app (LimeSDR# Database Editor) that you run. Below is a screen shot.
I have selected IARU2BandText in the 'Table name' drop down.
Here you define band segments for display as you tune. Here's a piece of 6M.
This doesn't actually get used in GPIO selection, but I thought I'd show it.

Next, in the Table Name drop down, you would select "BandLimits". Here you define the band edges and give them names.

Then in the Drop down, select LimeSDRBandFilters. This shows the 16 different GPO (outputs) selectable using BCD.

I'm not suggesting that this is way you would do it, but simply to show one possibility. This implementation is quite flexible,

Mike

Siegfried Jackstien

we need some more gpio for higher bands 23 13 9 cm ... and with companion board 6 and 3 cm

you have four inputs for tx

 in my view 2 or max  3 are needed

the companion board has its own gpio connector

so we need just the 23 13 9 cm bands

say free one input to have another 16 bands (digital matrix)

and we have enough for the higher bands also

ptt mic and paddle dah can be the same pin (mic is muted when using cw mode)

paddle dit and dah for cw as usual

so only 3 in-/outputs on tx needed ... mic ptt (paddle dah) and dit .... plus tx signal to rx tx switching (antenna switching, select poweramp on off etc)

and we have another free pin (5 bits filter selection)