LimeRFE at HAM band with build 3.0.28

Ioannis E. Kassotakis

LimeRFE , the RF frontend for  LimeSDR and LimeSDR mini has started shipping.
Has anybody tested it with SDR Console 3.0.28 at ham Bands.
My impressions:
At a first quick test, it seems that in Tx/Rx mode it works reliably only at BW=1.5 (Tx) , at higher bandwidth it seems to freeze when Tx is enabled.
Also, selecting Tx (or Tune) on the  Tx panel enables Tx only at the SDR and not at the LimeRFE which needs to be enabled/disabled  at its own panel.
I get 4-5 W power output at 20M, although I am not 100% sure on the power meter calibration.

Erik. M0MWF

On Mon, Jul 12, 2021 at 12:33 PM, Ioannis E. Kassotakis wrote:
LimeRFE
SDRPlay I saw were claiming their Duo to be within 1dB for power measurement. Don't know if you have one of those lying around? Also don't know what accuracy you need / desire.

LimeRFE problems will be attacked this week.

LimeRFE , the RF frontend for  LimeSDR and LimeSDR mini has started shipping.
Has anybody tested it with SDR Console 3.0.28 at ham Bands.
My impressions:
At a first quick test, it seems that in Tx/Rx mode it works reliably only at BW=1.5 (Tx) , at higher bandwidth it seems to freeze when Tx is enabled.
Also, selecting Tx (or Tune) on the  Tx panel enables Tx only at the SDR and not at the LimeRFE which needs to be enabled/disabled  at its own panel.
I get 4-5 W power output at 20M, although I am not 100% sure on the power meter calibration.

Matthias Bopp

Hi Simon,

what is your initial impression of the LimeRFE ?

I am considering to order a board but I would like to know what you think of it once you had a chance to test it.

I will order the version without the cellular bands as I am not planning to use those bands (unless there is some
other drawback with that cheaper version of the Lime RFE) !?

Finally I wonder whether you are planning to support the HF bands including 50MHz and 70MHz for the LimeRFE and the LimeUSB.

Many thanks in advance for your answer.

Kind regards

Matthias

www.dd1us.de

LimeRFE problems will be attacked this week.

LimeRFE , the RF frontend for  LimeSDR and LimeSDR mini has started shipping.
Has anybody tested it with SDR Console 3.0.28 at ham Bands.
My impressions:
At a first quick test, it seems that in Tx/Rx mode it works reliably only at BW=1.5 (Tx) , at higher bandwidth it seems to freeze when Tx is enabled.
Also, selecting Tx (or Tune) on the  Tx panel enables Tx only at the SDR and not at the LimeRFE which needs to be enabled/disabled  at its own panel.
I get 4-5 W power output at 20M, although I am not 100% sure on the power meter calibration.

I have a LimeRFE which I use for programming but not on-air. I assume that it already works as advertised, that is 50MHz and 70MHz.

LimeRFE problems will be attacked this week.

LimeRFE , the RF frontend for  LimeSDR and LimeSDR mini has started shipping.
Has anybody tested it with SDR Console 3.0.28 at ham Bands.
My impressions:
At a first quick test, it seems that in Tx/Rx mode it works reliably only at BW=1.5 (Tx) , at higher bandwidth it seems to freeze when Tx is enabled.
Also, selecting Tx (or Tune) on the  Tx panel enables Tx only at the SDR and not at the LimeRFE which needs to be enabled/disabled  at its own panel.
I get 4-5 W power output at 20M, although I am not 100% sure on the power meter calibration.

Matthias Bopp

Hi Simon,

thanks for the quick answer.

Hi to all others in this group,

Does anyone else have a LimeRFE and plans to test/evaluate this in the near future ?

Kind regards

Matthias

www.dd1us.de