Lime SDR Mini - Odd Two Peak Pattern on Many Frequencies

Michael Durkin

Gqrx has a id string issue ....

When your in the settings pane ... delete most all of the ID string except ...

driver=lime,soapy=0

Or soapy=1

On Fri, Sep 7, 2018, 1:09 PM <k6msm@...> wrote:
No worries, Simon.  Thank you.  I just wanted to see if anyone else had the problem in the interim.

Looks like they may.

I took a break from the Mini for a couple days as I was getting obsessed with fixing it.  I still was unable to get another SDR to work.  Maybe I'll have better luck now or maybe I really need to get serious about Linux.  I hadn't Cubic yet.  Gqrx just gives me nothing.  No waterfall.  I only want something else to work to test it.  No other SDR comes close to SDR Console IMO.

Mike
K6MSM

k6msm@...

Yep, thanks!  I selected the SOAPY one and it worked.  See attached.  Now to test the frequency changes on that.  Once I figure out how.  I'm so spoiled by SDR Console compared to these others...

And yes, Simon, cool...  I got some heat sinks for the case.  Any other suggestions are welcome as I didn't want to glue them on if there was a chance for a return.  It's not too cool in California right now.

73,

Mike
K6MSM

Michael Durkin

Would you like a pic of gqrx config pane (its too simple) or sdrangel ...

Least with SdrAngel you can configure the low pass filter (the one after the mixer)
Im using SdrAngel on a 8 thread Xeon ... no USB3.0 though .... realy realy realy need USB3.0... no Tx with USB2.0...

Its funny ... i think i can hear my cell phone transmitting ...

I think i will fit some of my Wifi BiQuad antenna for the LimeSDR ...

Any one in WaSt (Spokane) on 2.4Ghz band?

On Fri, Sep 7, 2018, 5:05 PM <k6msm@...> wrote:
Yep, thanks!  I selected the SOAPY one and it worked.  See attached.  Now to test the frequency changes on that.  Once I figure out how.  I'm so spoiled by SDR Console compared to these others...

And yes, Simon, cool...  I got some heat sinks for the case.  Any other suggestions are welcome as I didn't want to glue them on if there was a chance for a return.  It's not too cool in California right now.

73,

Mike
K6MSM

Attachments:

Simon Brown

Well,

I’ll try to fire my mini up this weekend, compare logs and try to address the problem.

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

Yep, thanks!  I selected the SOAPY one and it worked.  See attached.  Now to test the frequency changes on that.  Once I figure out how.  I'm so spoiled by SDR Console compared to these others...

And yes, Simon, cool...  I got some heat sinks for the case.  Any other suggestions are welcome as I didn't want to glue them on if there was a chance for a return.  It's not too cool in California right now.

73,

Mike
K6MSM

k6msm@...

I did some more testing tonight and it's consistently giving me an error as I now call it on specific frequencies.  It's not as random as I thought.  Here are the error frequencies (err):

Antenna Wilson Wilson Wilson
  Omni Omni Omni
  Deck Deck Deck
  20' pole 20' pole 20' pole
  9/7/2018 9/7/2018 9/7/2018
SDR SDRP2 Lime Mini Lime Mini
Settings 4, Auto W, -12, -3 H, -12, -3
BW 8 7.5 7.5

  SNR SNR SNR
FM1 40 nt nt
FM2 50 48 34
FM3 45 nt nt
147.435 34 40 28
WX-OC 45 err err
7 35 22 12
9 20 nt nt
11 27 nt nt
13 24 17 3
448.06 21 32 16
KNX 450 28 24 14
18 30 err err
28 15 6 5
36 30 err err
43 10 err err
51 5 4 2
B29 12 13 1
B12 31 35 19
B17 29 30 22
B13 29 32 26
B14 4 5 0
B26 19 6 4
B5 20 6 5
B2-A 16 err err
B25 9 16 18
B4-T - 16 18
B66-V - 0 0
B30-A - 0 0
B41-S - err err

k6msm@...

I apologize, the chart formatting didn't work.  Re-attaching as an image.  US bands and TV channels, etc.

Simon Brown

OK,

Building 3.0.3, will start this issue in 10 minutes or so.

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com