Topics

Kriss's Great Servers

Simon Brown

Kriss,

I can connect to the PARC server but not the others. What’s odd is that they are connecting to my central OnAir server OK!

Ah,

The address ka1gju.crabdance.com doesn’t point to 71.255.116.242 – DNS problems?

I can connect to the PARC server but not the others. What’s odd is that they are connecting to my central OnAir server OK!

Indeed,

Some very major borkage @ KA1GJU

The address ka1gju.crabdance.com doesn’t point to 71.255.116.242 – DNS problems?

I can connect to the PARC server but not the others. What’s odd is that they are connecting to my central OnAir server OK!

Both addresses, the one served and the old one, seem to be part of Fairpoint communications Manchester NH.

If you go after his boxes using the old dotted quad address does it connect? I think the answer is yes which means there is a problem at crabdance.com. I wonder if he was hacked. I really hope not.

{O.O}

On 20210222 10:38:09, Simon Brown wrote:

Ah,

The address ka1gju.crabdance.com doesn’t point to 71.255.116.242 – DNS problems?

I can connect to the PARC server but not the others. What’s odd is that they are connecting to my central OnAir server OK!

Curt Faulk

Kriss could be off on a trip. (He's an airline pilot.). But, he had mentioned on another list about doing some work on his site, up on the tower, I think.

Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU

Yep, down in TX for B737 Max training. Will look into it STAT!

Kriss KA1GJU

Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU

I did a W10 update the other day, and forgot to run the DNS app. It’s now in the start up list and will start with every boot up.
W10 makes it more complicated on getting things in the startup menu vs W7. So I had to Google it again, and stumbled my way through it.
That machine is doing yet another update, will check on the DNS app and be sure it’s running when done.

Let me know if it still doesn’t work!

73 Kriss KA1GJU
Now legal to fly the Max! 🤓

Simon Brown

Kriss,

They don’t stream data – I see the radios but no IQ .

Kriss could be off on a trip. (He's an airline pilot.). But, he had mentioned on another list about doing some work on his site, up on the tower, I think.

%appdata%\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Open start menu. Right click on a program. Select More. Select "Open File Location". Go up one folder from the one that opens.

I don't know what the official method is.

{^_-}

On 20210222 18:56:08, Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU wrote:
I did a W10 update the other day, and forgot to run the DNS app. It’s now in the start up list and will start with every boot up.
W10 makes it more complicated on getting things in the startup menu vs W7. So I had to Google it again, and stumbled my way through it.
That machine is doing yet another update, will check on the DNS app and be sure it’s running when done.

Let me know if it still doesn’t work!

73 Kriss KA1GJU
Now legal to fly the Max! 🤓

jdow

Well, that might seem like what they are until an engine loses its cool and blows off its cowling. Then the pilots earn their big bucks. They got it down, by the book, with no lose of life or even injuries.

{^_-}
(Search for "blancolirio" on YouTube and view his last couple videos for some serious straight skinny.)

On 20210222 23:25:44, Simon Brown wrote:

Ah,

One of these?

Kriss could be off on a trip. (He's an airline pilot.). But, he had mentioned on another list about doing some work on his site, up on the tower, I think.

Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU

Yes, "Blancolirio" is one of our line pilots! Excellent videos he produces... in his spare time. LOL

Kriss KA1GJU

PS My servers work for me. #1-#4

G4UMW

I spent nearly 30 years as a simulator engineer, working for airlines, training providers and a sim manufacturer. We were kept busy with the sims being used for type conversion, recurrent training (each pilot does 2 x 4 hour sim slots every 6 months) and engineering training (engine ground runs etc). It’s nice to think that good synthetic training might have played a part in the successful outcome of the recent incident.

Rob/G4UMW

Kriss could be off on a trip. (He's an airline pilot.). But, he had mentioned on another list about doing some work on his site, up on the tower, I think.

Yes,

Just watched it. Handy having at least one engine though 😊 .

Yes, "Blancolirio" is one of our line pilots! Excellent videos he produces... in his spare time. LOL

Kriss KA1GJU

PS My servers work for me. #1-#4

Brian Morrison

On Tue, 2021-02-23 at 11:28 +0000, G4UMW wrote:

I spent nearly 30 years as a simulator engineer, working for airlines, training providers and a sim manufacturer. We were kept busy with the sims being used for type conversion, recurrent training (each pilot does 2 x 4 hour sim slots every 6 months) and engineering training (engine ground runs etc). It’s nice to think that good synthetic training might have played a part in the successful outcome of the recent incident.

I hope so. It's just a pity that the people who do the Thermal Acoustic Inspection on the fan blades didn't assume that the problem areas they saw were down to bad paint application before the test process, the failed blade from 2018 had been TAI'd in 2010 and 2015 and shown abnormal results on both occasions (worse in 2015 too) but was passed safe for flight and put back in service, 3 years later it failed half an hour out of Honolulu (same route) at ToD.

One other small amusement, the incident aircraft this weekend was N772UA, its replacement used for the delayed flight was N773UA which was the aircraft which had the No2 engine failure in February 2018 as a result of this testing inadequacy.

Now, back to radio.

--

Brian   G8SEZ

jdow

Do dig out Juan Browne's two videos about this crash. His praises will mean more than any I could give.
{o.o}