From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gisle Vanem
Sent: 14 October 2021 21:23
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: [SDR-Radio] KrakenSDR released

Just a FYI; A 5 channel Coherent SDR released today.
https://www.crowdsupply.com/krakenrf/krakensdr/updates/releasing-the-krakensdr

Features

Larry Dighera

The KrakenSDR is an interesting project to locate transmitter sites.
Unfortunately, it doesn't cover the most popular ham bands:

"24 MHz to 1766 MHz tuning Range (standard R820T2 RTL-SDR range"

Larry
WB6BBB

On Thu, 14 Oct 2021 13:22:46 -0700, "Gisle Vanem" <gisle.vanem@gmail.com>
wrote:

Just a FYI; A 5 channel Coherent SDR released today.<br>
https://www.crowdsupply.com/krakenrf/krakensdr/updates/releasing-the-krakensdr

[![Features](http://www.watt-32.net/misc/KrakenSDR.png?raw=true)](KrakenSDR?raw=true)

Bob Martin

DFing on HF, including 10M is not a productive activity if you're actually looking to get a fix on a transmitter. VHF and above being pretty much line of sight do work well with the proper hardware and technique, so 24+ MHz lower frequency limit was a good choice.

--

.

Don Moman VE6JY

Well the KIWI TDOA location feature can do very well for locating HF transmitter sites.

wrote:

>Just a FYI; A 5 channel Coherent SDR released today.<br>
>https://www.crowdsupply.com/krakenrf/krakensdr/updates/releasing-the-krakensdr
>
>[![Features](http://www.watt-32.net/misc/KrakenSDR.png?raw=true)](KrakenSDR?raw=true)

--

.

Larry Dighera

Don,

Thank you for the information.

The examples here:
https://www.rtl-sdr.com/kiwisdr-tdoa-direction-finding-now-freely-available-for-public-use/
appear to indicate that the KIWISDR does a decent job of locating
transmitters, and it can apparently be done on-line! Cool!

Best regards,
Larry
WB6BBB