Instances: Setting Up For First Time Questions

rmrrgs

Hello,
Hope everyone had a fine Thanksgiving.

First time I've tried playing with "Instances," and guess I could use
a little help with.

I would like to compare two radios, and have the two of them active, and each showing in a Console screen.
I can switch the ant. between them readily.

So, I call up "Child Instance", and sure enough the screen mirrored appears, and I have 2 screens.
Great.

But, on playing with it, it hangs up, sometimes, with the Not Responding msg.

Or, most of the time, if I pull up the Select Radio screen,
and pick one of three tree radios I have listed, the Start Button is Greyed out.

The only item the Start Button apparently allows me to choose
is:  "Spawned at 29 Nov. ...  (no idea what this is or does)

Might someone please walk me thru getting this working, or point me to a link
describing how to.

Much thanks as always,
Bob

Simon Brown

Bob,

Screenshots – I must have screenshots, especially for:

[...]

Hi Simon,

I appreciate your time, and admittedly this isn't important.
Only if you see something obvious to get me going with "instances," Otherwise, just forget.
I can truly imagine how busy you must be.

What I would like to do is to simply run (via Instances) side by side, my RSPdx and my G-31 to evaluate them.
I can easily switch the antennas.
Here's a photo of where I can't get past.     [BTW, the Screenshot wouldn't work for taking it.  Had to grab it other way.]

Like I mentioned, the choice for the G-31 and other radios are greyed out for the START button.
The only selections the Start button seems to allow are "Server,"  and the "Spawned..."

How do I get past this, please, and select the G-31 for the other (Child) screen ?

Again, not important. Really.
Only if you see something simple that I am, as usual, missing or doing incorrectly.

Incredible program; thanks so much for making it available,
Bob

Very odd – can you click on the Airspy / G31DDC / RSPdx? If so, you should see a list of bandwidths. If not then they aren’t connected.

So:

  • Click on G31DDC
  • If no bandwidths are shown then:
    • Close the Select Radio window
    • Go to Ribbon Bar, Tools, Settings
    • Click on Logfile
    • Save logfile to a text file
    • Attach to your reply

With luck the logfile will tell me more.

[...]

Try some informative captures perhaps? Don't be coy with information. Give us all the open SDRC windows clearly labeled which is which in the names.

The two captures are identical and neither shows any graying.

So there is no information present with which anybody can help you. I don't even know if you are running two of the same identity or two different identities. (I've never tried the former and do not expect it will work properly. The latter works just fine here. Boy howdy it works, RX888 43 MHz plus AirSpy R2 wide open with no problems on a brief run. It brings home the extent Simon has improved his DSP and display handling in the last year and more.)

{^_^}

On 20211130 04:15:09, rmrrgs wrote:
[...]

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG