Topics

Independently Adjustable Sidebands

George Stein - NJ3H

Has this feature been added to this fine program?  To be able the adjust the sideband, different amounts on each side of the center frequency, especially on medium wave, makes a huge difference. Please add this feature for AM, USB, and LSB. Thank you so much.

Regards,
George, NJ3H
Redmond, Oregon

jdow

I would second this concept. My ProII has it and the ability to make "live" changes can carve away a lot of interference. Of course, this makes one very nice way to decode SSB impossible. The bog standard "bfo" with IF shift is quite serviceable as the ProII demonstrates.

{^_^}

On 20190830 13:26:05, George Stein - NJ3H via Groups.Io wrote:
Has this feature been added to this fine program?  To be able the adjust the sideband, different amounts on each side of the center frequency, especially on medium wave, makes a huge difference. Please add this feature for AM, USB, and LSB. Thank you so much.
Regards,
George, NJ3H
Redmond, Oregon

George Stein - NJ3H

Hi Simon,

I know you are extremely busy and have things you are working on. Do you have any guestimate, if you plan to implement, at least adding  adjustable sidebands to the capabilities of version 3?

Perhaps as a start, maybe implementation of individual left and right adjustments for the AM mode so it can be used for medium wave reception assistance.

Thanks,
George

Guy Atkins

This would be an excellent feature addition, which would place SDR-Console at the same level or above Perseus software, Studio 1, and SDRuno for DXing difficult medium wave signals!

I currently use Studio 1 the most, as it (and the other two programs I mentioned) lets you "drag" the pass band across center frequency (in LSB/USB) a small amount to optimize S/N and weak signal intelligibility. This is especially true when DXing foreign MW stations on opposite channel plans (e.g., 9 vs. 10 kHz) and the desired DX is within 1-2 kHz of powerful domestic stations.

The old "EXTIO only" executable of SDRuno version 1.22 is close to Studio 1 in usefulness, but the noise reduction and notch filters are disabled.

73,

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA

Denny

I would agree that this feature is unfortunately still missing in such a great program that Simon continues to expand it's features. After many years of using  passband tuning that has been around for decades in many HF receivers and transcievers, it may be time to consider why it could not be implemented in a future, or updated version of SDR-Console.

Denny - K0LGI -

Bjarne Mjelde

This would be an extremely useful addition to SDR-C.
--
Bjarne Mjelde
arcticdx.blogspot.com

Simon Brown

Well,

I’m currently building the 3.0.14 release. AM Tuning is very high on my list, but next week nothing much will happen. Maybe in two weeks from now we can test this.