Icom R8600 And Driver For ?

rmrrgs <rgsrose@...>

Hello,

Want to use Console with new Icom R8600.
Apparently I do not have the required Driver.

There are two options:  the Driver USB I/Q Package for HDSDR from Icom, and
a Driver from SDRConsole as Simon mentioned.

Have given up trying to download the Icom one.
And, having problems finding just the Driver from Simon's items.
That old age problem again.

I really don't want to download and install a complete SDRConsole, as I have
mine working just fine now, and don't want to mess it up (as I usually manage to do)
And, I guess the Driver has to be loaded separately, anyway.  (true ?)

So,
Might some, please, just send me the link to download (just) the appropriate Driver.

And, where to put it and install it.

Much thanks, most appreciated,
Bob

Max

Hi Bob. Hope all well with you.

I took a look at the page Simon linked you to earlier and also the instructions. I would say to keep the complexity down you are better to download the driver from ICOM.

This is the specific page you need:

https://www.icomjapan.com/support/firmware_driver/1972/

Scroll to bottom, tick the box and click "Download". It's about 37 Mb. I tried it and it works (I mean I was able to download it - I don't have the receiver!)

Then after you have unzipped and installed the ICOM driver I guess you proceed as normal (see attached)

Best

Max

Calder Latham

Hi Bob. I don't own one but have you tried the connection provided by Simon. Stop SDR Console in the upper left corner. Click on 'Select Radio' in same corner. Click on 'Definitions', click on 'Search' on the next screen, and then you will see 'Icom IC-8600.' Does that get things going for you?

Hope this helps.

Cal...W1HHO

--
All the Best from
the woods of Maine.

rmrrgs <rgsrose@...>

Hi,

Nice to hear from you.
Hope to visit the Allagash, again, this summer.

Have Console working with the 8600 now.
Sorta.

See my Post on the Console Group for
some glitches.

e.g., doesn't transmit all the lower orders digits.
Very, very slow.
Can't change the Mode from Console with the pushbutton on Console.

Regards,
Bob
-------