Topics

how to set bandwidth ?

fly.fechter@t-online.de
 

Hallo,
I just received my RSP1A.
I also downloaded the SDR console.
I thought-hoped that adapting-setting the RSP1A for my needs would be similar-as easy as-required for SDRsharp
and -- I have been mistaken !
For example -- receiving FM radio in a clear sharp good quality stays outside my ability.
Apparently the set bandwidth - filter for FM radio  is just not right - tone points to an incorrect bandwidth !
either too narrow or too broad.
Before admitting to have bought the wrong gadget and returning the same to the dealer
would it be possible for any of your expert group members to show me the detailed settings for achieving a correct bandwidth ?
Thank you very much in advance.
Regards,
Roland
 

Bote Man
 

The "DSP" window contains most settings relating to the radio itself. Select Receive -> DSP

The Mode pane controls general settings. I believe WFM has no de-emphasis nor other filtering suitable for data reception, whereas NFM has those attributes.

The exact bandwidth can be set in the Filter pane below.

In both panes the "..." triple dot button allows you to change the settings of each button or create a new one.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nvD9F9DayX3b3lhjsfvysxpElnYC7VRn/view?usp=sharing

Hope this helps.

--
Bote's Streaming Scanner Feeds
http://www.botecomm.com/bote/radio/streaming.html

Paul Gulliver
 

For FM Radio, assuming you mean broadcast radio, use the BFM button in the mode selection panel


On 25/03/2020 at 16:49, <fly.fechter@...> wrote:

Apparently the set bandwidth - filter for FM radio  is just not right - tone points to an incorrect bandwidth !
either too narrow or too broad.


Kriss Kliegle
 
Edited

BFW=Broadcast FM

Open the RSPA1A at 1MHz or more bandwidth. Center the desired frequency in the display (use the tools that appear temporarily in dark red in the upper right of bandscope when mouse is in waterfall or bandscope area of screen), and adjust the zoom slider to see the limits of your DSP bandwidth. For more fun, turn the RDS on in the Waterfall Features to decode the data, see attachment.

73 Kriss KA1GJU

Max
 

Third vote for selecting "BFM" in the DSP mode panel. I got caught by this one too when first started using SDRC.

WFM mode selection is not for broadcast FM reception.

If for some reason BFM is not showing on your mode selection panel, add it by clicking the three dots top left of the mode panel. Not wanting to pointlessly repeat advice already given by others, but see attached picture (buttons ringed in red).

73

Max



On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 04:49 PM, fly.fechter@... wrote:
For example -- receiving FM radio in a clear sharp good quality stays outside my ability.
Apparently the set bandwidth - filter for FM radio  is just not right - tone points to an incorrect bandwidth !
either too narrow or too broad.

Max
 

Forgot to add attachment!


On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 10:51 PM, Max wrote:
Not wanting to pointlessly repeat advice already given by others, but see attached picture (buttons ringed in red).