Topics

Hermes Lite 2 in country

Brendan Wahl

DHL is telling me my Hermes HL2 from Makerfab is now in Los Angeles and has apparently cleared customs unscathed, untaxed, untariffed. It is amazing how a box of "radio kit parts" (wink, wink, nudge, nudge, know-whot-I-mean?) can clear all manner of official eyeballs and hurdles so easily...

So, if I'm getting mine I'm sure others are fanning out across the world. Shipped from Shenzen on the 20th local time (my 19th), I will supposedly see it sometime Friday the 22nd.

Not retiring my Airspys yet though.

Brendan WA7HL

Max

You will not regret! I certainly have retired my RSP2 as far as LF/MF/HF is concerned. There is simply no comparison on receiver performance at those frequencies. I do still use the RSP for 6m and up of course where HL2 cannot reach!

Max

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 06:02 AM, Brendan Wahl wrote:
DHL is telling me my Hermes HL2 from Makerfab is now in Los Angeles and has apparently cleared customs unscathed, untaxed, untariffed. It is amazing how a box of "radio kit parts" (wink, wink, nudge, nudge, know-whot-I-mean?) can clear all manner of official eyeballs and hurdles so easily...

Angel M0HDF

Hi,

I am tempted...
the multiple slices and rx performance seems good.
I already have a HF+ Discovery (rx only of course)
the remote capability seems very attractive although I read that cw is being worked on - which is my main mode...

73 Angel 
M0HDF

ADAM HOGG

Received UPS notification, delivery tomorrow 22/05 in UK. When I placed the order on 06 May I thought delivery was 5 weeks, very impressed so far.

73 - Adam G0AUR

Max

Angel

RX performance is excellent. Simon has (in my opinion) fixed CW issues in next release for local operation, and for remote operation can also be made satisfactory with various options, and being improved all the time.

I honestly would not hesitate. It's a real bargain.

Max

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 11:52 AM, Angel M0HDF wrote:
I am tempted...
the remote capability seems very attractive although I read that cw is being worked on - which is my main mode...

73 Angel 
M0HDF

Simon Brown

And,

To support this SDR I’ll add a window which displays multiple bands, something similar to the Matrix window but better.

So maybe 2020 you’ll be able to watch all the slices at once.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Max
Sent: 21 May 2020 14:51
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Hermes Lite 2 in country

Angel

RX performance is excellent. Simon has (in my opinion) fixed CW issues in next release for local operation, and for remote operation can also be made satisfactory with various options, and being improved all the time.

Max

I am tempted...

73 Angel 
M0HDF

paul newcombe

Dear Simon,

Is this something that could be available on the Anan's too?

I remember a couple of the UI's offered 0 to 64MHz as one slice but it was not of much use as you could not set up multiple RXs on say all of the FT8 frequencies at once.

I can see where a HF op would find being able to run all the FT8 slots into multiple instances of WSJT at once via a matrix of RXs. 
I am sure there are many other things thay would find it useful for but I am not a HF op so they do not spring to mind.

If the Anan had a 0-64 MHz band width as an option in the drop down?

Paul N2EME

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> on behalf of Simon Brown <simon@...>
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2020 10:37 AM
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io>

And,

To support this SDR I’ll add a window which displays multiple bands, something similar to the Matrix window but better.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

Sent: 21 May 2020 14:51

Angel

Max

I am tempted...

73 Angel 
M0HDF

Max

Fantastic Simon

Max

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 03:37 PM, Simon Brown wrote:

Angel M0HDF

Max, Simon

Thanks for the feedback.
Order now in place. 

73 Angel 
M0HDF

Brendan Wahl

Hi Max,

Guess what showed up 24 hours early? My "Prototyping Board," as the invoice says, all three of them. Good thing too, since if it was a 'real' radio I might have had to pay customs and duty on it. ;) Also the fastest service from China for any of the radio goods I've bought direct lately.

Now for the fun part, assembly and first power-on.

Brendan WA7HL

Justin

Yes 

On Thu, May 21, 2020, 6:59 PM Brendan Wahl <bjwahl59@...> wrote:
Hi Max,

Guess what showed up 24 hours early? My "Prototyping Board," as the
invoice says, all three of them. Good thing too, since if it was a
'real' radio I might have had to pay customs and duty on it. ;) Also the
fastest service from China for any of the radio goods I've bought direct
lately.

Brendan WA7HL

Simon Brown

Hi,

I've invited you to the test team; we're working on & refining the HL2 support.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

-----Original Message-----
From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brendan Wahl
Sent: 21 May 2020 23:59

Hi Max,

Guess what showed up 24 hours early? My "Prototyping Board," as the invoice says, all three of them. Good thing too, since if it was a 'real' radio I might have had to pay customs and duty on it. ;) Also the fastest service from China for any of the radio goods I've bought direct lately.

Brendan WA7HL

Max

Yes, mine was fast, and also no duty here in the UK. They really have the service well sorted. Of course the description is perfectly correct, and quite right that there should be no duty....... hardly luxury goods!

Let us know how it goes. You will be up and running in no time at all.

Max

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 11:59 PM, Brendan Wahl wrote:
Hi Max,

Brendan WA7HL

Simon Brown

And,

Also no VAT, at least not at Casa ‘ELI.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

Sent: 22 May 2020 10:11

Yes, mine was fast, and also no duty here in the UK. They really have the service well sorted. Of course the description is perfectly correct, and quite right that there should be no duty....... hardly luxury goods!

Let us know how it goes. You will be up and running in no time at all.

Max

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 11:59 PM, Brendan Wahl wrote:

Hi Max,

Brendan WA7HL

ADAM HOGG

Mine was supposed to be delivered today but I've just received this delay note, hopefully it's just a paperwork problem but it mentions duties etc.

Adam - G0AUR

Ken N4CEI

Is there a huge benefit to using the "test" version with an HL2 (receive only for the moment) vs 3.0.22 which appears to have HL2 support ?

-- Ken

Simon Brown

Ken,

Yes there is.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ken N4CEI
Sent: 22 May 2020 18:53
To: main@sdr-radio.groups.io

Is there a huge benefit to using the "test" version with an HL2 (receive only for the moment) vs 3.0.22 which appears to have HL2 support ?

-- Ken

Ken N4CEI

Ok, thanks Simon ... any chance I can get access ?

-- Ken

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 11:29 AM Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

Ken,

Yes there is.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ken N4CEI

-- Ken

Simon Brown

Hi,

Just invited you, new kit coming soon.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

Sent: 22 May 2020 19:39

Ok, thanks Simon ... any chance I can get access ?

-- Ken

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 11:29 AM Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

Ken,

Yes there is.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

-- Ken

Brian

I have been using SparkSDR but looking at SDRConsole now so I would also like to see the latest version.
How well does it work on FT8 using VAC?
73 Brian.