Hello Server System Operators (SyOps), Lets get your servers working PLEASE! #sdrsharp #airspyhfplus #sdrplay


Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU
 

I leave the Firewall tab BLANK, and it worked 100%
There are some issues with the latest release as of today on my servers.

But from my experience with the previous versions, the 'Firewall' is used to block specific IP addresses from
abusers. So far, those idiots haven't found us here on V3, but since I now have only one running V1.5 and none
on V2.3xx they'll be back... for 8-10 hours a day listening to CB (11Mtrs) garbage.

73 Kriss KA1GJU


Simon Brown
 

Kriss,

 

What entries did you have in the Firewall?

 

Simon Brown, G4ELI

 

www.dxgalaxy.com
www.sdr-radio.com
www.sdr-satellites.com

 

 

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io [mailto:main@SDR-Radio.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kriss Kliegle
Sent: 18 February 2018 21:15
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Hello Server System Operators (SyOps), Lets get your servers working PLEASE! #sdrplay #sdrsharp #airspyhfplus

 

I leave the Firewall tab BLANK, and it worked 100%
There are some issues with the latest release as of today on my servers.

But from my experience with the previous versions, the 'Firewall' is used to block specific IP addresses from
abusers. So far, those idiots haven't found us here on V3, but since I now have only one running V1.5 and none
on V2.3xx they'll be back... for 8-10 hours a day listening to CB (11Mtrs) garbage.

73 Kriss KA1GJU


Don Moman VE6JY
 

Have I attached the correct one?

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 2:12 PM, Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

OK,

 

Let me see what I can find out about your system – it doesn’t like me connecting. Ideally I want to see the Logfile from the Server manager – not a screenshot but the logfile as an attachment.

 

Simon Brown, G4ELI

 

www.dxgalaxy.com
www.sdr-radio.com
www.sdr-satellites.com

 

 

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io [mailto:main@....io] On Behalf Of Don Moman VE6JY
Sent: 18 February 2018 21:06


To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Hello Server System Operators (SyOps), Lets get your servers working PLEASE! #sdrplay #sdrsharp #airspyhfplus

 

This is what I get with the Windows firewall turned off.... that is the correct local ip.

Taskmanger shows the service running.

 

 

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 8:55 PM, Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

Hi,

 

The Connection reset message comes from a Firewall – check firewall definitions in the server manager.

 

Simon Brown, G4ELI

 

www.dxgalaxy.com
www.sdr-radio.com
www.sdr-satellites.com

 

 

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io [mailto:main@....io] On Behalf Of Don Moman VE6JY
Sent: 18 February 2018 20:44
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Hello Server System Operators (SyOps), Lets get your servers working PLEASE! #sdrplay #sdrsharp #airspyhfplus

 

On the Server the RSP1 is the definition.  But since the OK button on the client is greyed out I can't get any further.

 

As far as I know, all firewalls are off and the port 50101 is forwarded in the router. Others have checked and reported the port is open.

It gets a green check mark in the list, for what that is worth.

 

Multiple screen shots have been posted as this thread is getting fairly long and may be hard to keep track of.

  Kriss posted his  screen shot of that with an error message..  This is the latest one as I try to log on from another computer...

On working servers I can click OK and the box gets a definition and then all is good...

 



Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU
 

Connecting to 72.172.110.98::50101
Sending <SVRMsg xml:lang="EN" Command="Radios" Username="user" Password="user"></SVRMsg>
Read failure: read = 0 of 20, error code 10054 = Connection reset by peer.
Failed to read message header
Closed

Is what I get here attempting to detect radios at VE6JY


Simon Brown
 

Yes.

 

Your Firewall is blocking access even though you disabled it. This is a bug in beta 1 – just restart the server and the Firewall will not be active. This bug is fixed in the next beta.

 

FWIW

2018-02-18 14:10:30, Listener> Firewall

2018-02-18 14:10:30, Listener>   Address:   81.174.138.141

2018-02-18 14:10:30, Listener>   Enabled:   Yes

2018-02-18 14:10:30, Listener>   Blacklist: 0 entries

2018-02-18 14:10:30, Listener>   Whitelist: 1 entries

2018-02-18 14:10:30, Listener>   Address not in whitelist

2018-02-18 14:10:30, Listener> -

2018-02-18 14:10:30, Listener> Connections from WAN 81.174.138.141 not allowed

 

Simon Brown, G4ELI

 

www.dxgalaxy.com
www.sdr-radio.com
www.sdr-satellites.com

 

 

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io [mailto:main@SDR-Radio.groups.io] On Behalf Of Don Moman VE6JY
Sent: 18 February 2018 21:18
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Hello Server System Operators (SyOps), Lets get your servers working PLEASE! #sdrplay #sdrsharp #airspyhfplus

 

Have I attached the correct one?

 

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 2:12 PM, Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

OK,

 

Let me see what I can find out about your system – it doesn’t like me connecting. Ideally I want to see the Logfile from the Server manager – not a screenshot but the logfile as an attachment.

 

Simon Brown, G4ELI

 

www.dxgalaxy.com
www.sdr-radio.com
www.sdr-satellites.com

 

 

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io [mailto:main@SDR-Radio.groups.io] On Behalf Of Don Moman VE6JY
Sent: 18 February 2018 21:06


To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Hello Server System Operators (SyOps), Lets get your servers working PLEASE! #sdrplay #sdrsharp #airspyhfplus

 

This is what I get with the Windows firewall turned off.... that is the correct local ip.

Taskmanger shows the service running.

 

 

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 8:55 PM, Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

Hi,

 

The Connection reset message comes from a Firewall – check firewall definitions in the server manager.

 

Simon Brown, G4ELI

 

www.dxgalaxy.com
www.sdr-radio.com
www.sdr-satellites.com

 

 

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io [mailto:main@SDR-Radio.groups.io] On Behalf Of Don Moman VE6JY
Sent: 18 February 2018 20:44
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Hello Server System Operators (SyOps), Lets get your servers working PLEASE! #sdrplay #sdrsharp #airspyhfplus

 

On the Server the RSP1 is the definition.  But since the OK button on the client is greyed out I can't get any further.

 

As far as I know, all firewalls are off and the port 50101 is forwarded in the router. Others have checked and reported the port is open.

It gets a green check mark in the list, for what that is worth.

 

Multiple screen shots have been posted as this thread is getting fairly long and may be hard to keep track of.

  Kriss posted his  screen shot of that with an error message..  This is the latest one as I try to log on from another computer...

On working servers I can click OK and the box gets a definition and then all is good...

 

 


Don Moman VE6JY
 

server is restarted.

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 9:26 PM, Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

Yes.

 

Your Firewall is blocking access even though you disabled it. This is a bug in beta 1 – just restart the server and the Firewall will not be active. This bug is fixed in the next beta.

 

FWIW

2018-02-18 14:10:30, Listener> Firewall

2018-02-18 14:10:30, Listener>   Address:   81.174.138.141

2018-02-18 14:10:30, Listener>   Enabled:   Yes

2018-02-18 14:10:30, Listener>   Blacklist: 0 entries

2018-02-18 14:10:30, Listener>   Whitelist: 1 entries

2018-02-18 14:10:30, Listener>   Address not in whitelist

2018-02-18 14:10:30, Listener> -

2018-02-18 14:10:30, Listener> Connections from WAN 81.174.138.141 not allowed

 

Simon Brown, G4ELI

 

www.dxgalaxy.com
www.sdr-radio.com
www.sdr-satellites.com

 

 

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io [mailto:main@....io] On Behalf Of Don Moman VE6JY
Sent: 18 February 2018 21:18
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Hello Server System Operators (SyOps), Lets get your servers working PLEASE! #sdrplay #sdrsharp #airspyhfplus

 

Have I attached the correct one?

 

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 2:12 PM, Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

OK,

 

Let me see what I can find out about your system – it doesn’t like me connecting. Ideally I want to see the Logfile from the Server manager – not a screenshot but the logfile as an attachment.

 

Simon Brown, G4ELI

 

www.dxgalaxy.com
www.sdr-radio.com
www.sdr-satellites.com

 

 

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io [mailto:main@....io] On Behalf Of Don Moman VE6JY
Sent: 18 February 2018 21:06


To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Hello Server System Operators (SyOps), Lets get your servers working PLEASE! #sdrplay #sdrsharp #airspyhfplus

 

This is what I get with the Windows firewall turned off.... that is the correct local ip.

Taskmanger shows the service running.

 

 

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 8:55 PM, Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

Hi,

 

The Connection reset message comes from a Firewall – check firewall definitions in the server manager.

 

Simon Brown, G4ELI

 

www.dxgalaxy.com
www.sdr-radio.com
www.sdr-satellites.com

 

 

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io [mailto:main@....io] On Behalf Of Don Moman VE6JY
Sent: 18 February 2018 20:44
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Hello Server System Operators (SyOps), Lets get your servers working PLEASE! #sdrplay #sdrsharp #airspyhfplus

 

On the Server the RSP1 is the definition.  But since the OK button on the client is greyed out I can't get any further.

 

As far as I know, all firewalls are off and the port 50101 is forwarded in the router. Others have checked and reported the port is open.

It gets a green check mark in the list, for what that is worth.

 

Multiple screen shots have been posted as this thread is getting fairly long and may be hard to keep track of.

  Kriss posted his  screen shot of that with an error message..  This is the latest one as I try to log on from another computer...

On working servers I can click OK and the box gets a definition and then all is good...

 

 



Ray Lyford
 



That looks like the routers IP.



From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> on behalf of Simon Brown <simon@...>
Sent: 18 February 2018 20:34
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Hello Server System Operators (SyOps), Lets get your servers working PLEASE! #sdrplay #sdrsharp #airspyhfplus
 

Wrong site?

 

Simon Brown, G4ELI

 

www.dxgalaxy.com

www.dxgalaxy.com
At the moment you can't register, but if I ever get time I'll add registration so you can post spots. Please don't hold your breath - I have a lot to do such as book ...



www.sdr-radio.com

www.sdr-radio.com
Software-defined radio (SDR) is a radio communication system where components that have been typically implemented in hardware (e.g. mixers, filters, amplifiers ...



www.sdr-satellites.com

 

 

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io [mailto:main@SDR-Radio.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kriss Kliegle
Sent: 18 February 2018 20:28
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Hello Server System Operators (SyOps), Lets get your servers working PLEASE! #sdrplay #sdrsharp #airspyhfplus

 

I'm not seeing any radio definitions on your server, normally the big white box would have radio choices,
you have none listed:





When I hit the log button as text I get:

Connecting to 72.172.110.98::50101

Sending <SVRMsg xml:lang="EN" Command="Radios" Username="user" Password="user"></SVRMsg>

 

 

Read failure: read = 0 of 20, error code 10054 = Connection reset by peer.

Failed to read message header

Closed

 

Hope this helps!

Kriss KA1GJU


Barry Jablonski
 

Kriss,

My Firewall entries have always been blank:

Barry
WB2ZXJ


Don Moman VE6JY
 

I've been able to connect locally several times so I think the issue has been resolved.  
Thanks everyone for the help.

73 Don

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 2:31 PM, Don Moman VE6JY <ve6jy.1@...> wrote:
server is restarted.

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 9:26 PM, Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

Yes.

 

Your Firewall is blocking access even though you disabled it. This is a bug in beta 1 – just restart the server and the Firewall will not be active. This bug is fixed in the next beta.

 

FWIW

2018-02-18 14:10:30, Listener> Firewall

2018-02-18 14:10:30, Listener>   Address:   81.174.138.141

2018-02-18 14:10:30, Listener>   Enabled:   Yes

2018-02-18 14:10:30, Listener>   Blacklist: 0 entries

2018-02-18 14:10:30, Listener>   Whitelist: 1 entries

2018-02-18 14:10:30, Listener>   Address not in whitelist

2018-02-18 14:10:30, Listener> -

2018-02-18 14:10:30, Listener> Connections from WAN 81.174.138.141 not allowed

 

Simon Brown, G4ELI

 

www.dxgalaxy.com
www.sdr-radio.com
www.sdr-satellites.com

 

 

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io [mailto:main@....io] On Behalf Of Don Moman VE6JY
Sent: 18 February 2018 21:18
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Hello Server System Operators (SyOps), Lets get your servers working PLEASE! #sdrplay #sdrsharp #airspyhfplus

 

Have I attached the correct one?

 

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 2:12 PM, Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

OK,

 

Let me see what I can find out about your system – it doesn’t like me connecting. Ideally I want to see the Logfile from the Server manager – not a screenshot but the logfile as an attachment.

 

Simon Brown, G4ELI

 

www.dxgalaxy.com
www.sdr-radio.com
www.sdr-satellites.com

 

 

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io [mailto:main@....io] On Behalf Of Don Moman VE6JY
Sent: 18 February 2018 21:06


To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Hello Server System Operators (SyOps), Lets get your servers working PLEASE! #sdrplay #sdrsharp #airspyhfplus

 

This is what I get with the Windows firewall turned off.... that is the correct local ip.

Taskmanger shows the service running.

 

 

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 8:55 PM, Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

Hi,

 

The Connection reset message comes from a Firewall – check firewall definitions in the server manager.

 

Simon Brown, G4ELI

 

www.dxgalaxy.com
www.sdr-radio.com
www.sdr-satellites.com

 

 

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io [mailto:main@....io] On Behalf Of Don Moman VE6JY
Sent: 18 February 2018 20:44
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Hello Server System Operators (SyOps), Lets get your servers working PLEASE! #sdrplay #sdrsharp #airspyhfplus

 

On the Server the RSP1 is the definition.  But since the OK button on the client is greyed out I can't get any further.

 

As far as I know, all firewalls are off and the port 50101 is forwarded in the router. Others have checked and reported the port is open.

It gets a green check mark in the list, for what that is worth.

 

Multiple screen shots have been posted as this thread is getting fairly long and may be hard to keep track of.

  Kriss posted his  screen shot of that with an error message..  This is the latest one as I try to log on from another computer...

On working servers I can click OK and the box gets a definition and then all is good...

 

 




Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU
 

Negative!
Username ve7jy not found!



Logfile says:
Connecting to 72.172.110.98::50101
Sending <SVRMsg xml:lang="EN" Command="Radios" Username="ve6jy" Password="user"></SVRMsg>
 
 
Reply
  XML:     <SVRMsg xml:lang="EN" Command="Radios" Defns="" Error="Username 've6jy' not found"></SVRMsg>
 
 
  Command: Radios
  Error:   Username 've6jy' not found
  Defns:   
  Count:   0
-
Closed
 


Don Moman VE6JY
 

Well I had changed it a bit ago to user and user when several of you pointed out they needed to be equal in both spots - not that the user name needed to equal the password, but I just made them the same.  So I have changed it back to ve6jy and user but the same in both windows.    I could connect before and after I made the change with no issues in either case, but the purpose is to allow the world to connect, so try it again please...

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 11:25 PM, Kriss Kliegle <kliegle@...> wrote:
Negative!
Username ve7jy not found!



Logfile says:
Connecting to 72.172.110.98::50101
Sending <SVRMsg xml:lang="EN" Command="Radios" Username="ve6jy" Password="user"></SVRMsg>
 
 
Reply
  XML:     <SVRMsg xml:lang="EN" Command="Radios" Defns="" Error="Username 've6jy' not found"></SVRMsg>
 
 
  Command: Radios
  Error:   Username 've6jy' not found
  Defns:   
  Count:   0
-
Closed
 



Don Moman VE6JY
 

Thanks for the feedback. 

I saw several users connect with "smooth" outgoing data stream (using NetWorx) and I saw one that was having issues connecting and reconnecting 
so that must have been you.  All the servers are hardwired but my internet is a rural WISP and as I explained earlier, 
I only have 1.2 megs up and lots of users so there isn't always enough to go around.
I had 4 Kiwi streams on plus RemAud plus RCForbes and maybe a few Perseus servers going.

And yes I was trashing my own stuff - I am net control for the Alberta local net on 3700 khz at 0130 ut so that was what you saw.
The Wellbrook loop that feeds all the other SDRs (thru a 32 channel multicoupler) has about 80m of wire in  diamond shape, 
hung from the 120 foot level on one of the towers.  Some pix at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBChwkjzliw
Plenty of signal for the various Perseus and Kiwis etc but a bit overwhelming for the little RSP1... (ext BCB filter is in) so one has to ride the gain.

73 Don







On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 6:50 PM, Kriss Kliegle <kliegle@...> wrote:
Good evening Don,

I got it working, but with the V3 Build 1049 (Feb 9th), not with today's release of Build 1058.

You only have three (low) choices of bandwidth 30, 40, and 50 khz, but even, then it freezes up and stops.
I have to stop and restart repeatedly. Is the server on wifi? I was on 40M and WWCR out of Nashville, TN was
swamping the radio. I placed it into minimum RF gain (default was Max) and what little time I was able to us it,
it heard the band better. Were you on an HF TXR? I could hear something overwhelming the RXR even on minimum
RF gain as well, sounded like SSB. But with a bandwidth  of 50 kHz, I couldn't figure out which way to drag the frequency.
It kept locking up on me anyway.

A copy of the log on my end for Simon's digestion is attached!

KA1GJU



Garden Troll <jefferylegere@...>
 

Might as well cut-n-paste this. It mirrored my experience exactly.

"It works!

But I did have lots of crashes/freeze ups, even though the choices of bandwidth of 30, 40, and 50 kHz are small."

------ Original Message ------
From: "Don Moman VE6JY" <ve6jy.1@...>
Sent: 2/18/2018 8:36:39 PM
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Hello Server System Operators (SyOps), Lets get your servers working PLEASE! #sdrplay #sdrsharp #airspyhfplus

Thanks for the feedback. 

I saw several users connect with "smooth" outgoing data stream (using NetWorx) and I saw one that was having issues connecting and reconnecting 
so that must have been you.  All the servers are hardwired but my internet is a rural WISP and as I explained earlier, 
I only have 1.2 megs up and lots of users so there isn't always enough to go around.
I had 4 Kiwi streams on plus RemAud plus RCForbes and maybe a few Perseus servers going.

And yes I was trashing my own stuff - I am net control for the Alberta local net on 3700 khz at 0130 ut so that was what you saw.
The Wellbrook loop that feeds all the other SDRs (thru a 32 channel multicoupler) has about 80m of wire in  diamond shape, 
hung from the 120 foot level on one of the towers.  Some pix at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBChwkjzliw
Plenty of signal for the various Perseus and Kiwis etc but a bit overwhelming for the little RSP1... (ext BCB filter is in) so one has to ride the gain.

73 Don







On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 6:50 PM, Kriss Kliegle <kliegle@...> wrote:
Good evening Don,

I got it working, but with the V3 Build 1049 (Feb 9th), not with today's release of Build 1058.

You only have three (low) choices of bandwidth 30, 40, and 50 khz, but even, then it freezes up and stops.
I have to stop and restart repeatedly. Is the server on wifi? I was on 40M and WWCR out of Nashville, TN was
swamping the radio. I placed it into minimum RF gain (default was Max) and what little time I was able to us it,
it heard the band better. Were you on an HF TXR? I could hear something overwhelming the RXR even on minimum
RF gain as well, sounded like SSB. But with a bandwidth  of 50 kHz, I couldn't figure out which way to drag the frequency.
It kept locking up on me anyway.

A copy of the log on my end for Simon's digestion is attached!

KA1GJU