From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> on behalf of Simon Brown <simon@...>
Sent: Tuesday, January 1, 2019 8:41:10 AM
To: SDR-Radio@groups.io
Subject: [SDR-Radio] Happy New Year - 2019

So,

2019 has not started well – conditions on 80m rotten, 40m not much better. At the end of this year we should be at the very bottom of solar cycle 24, let’s hope cycle 25 brings us something.

I’ll be releasing version 3.0.4 later this week, so stay tuned.

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

Bjarne Mjelde

Simon,
depends on the perspective. For MW DX-ers this is a great time. Alaska heard as far south as Italy. Asia and North America commonly heard in central Europe and the UK. Our friends in North America hear lots of trans-atlantic and trans-pacific DX. Happy Days!
--
Bjarne Mjelde
arcticdx.blogspot.com

Nils Schiffhauer

... the time form April to now resulted in 5.200+ logs (each individual combinations of station/frequency) in the field "Utility DX" alone. It resulted in 50.000+ decoded messages from HFDL/24 h, and in much more than 2.000 GMDSS messages/24 h - all thanks to the power of your software, Simon (Data File Analyzer & 24 demodulators)!
All from the Home Front, all with no more than AirSpy HF+/FDM-S2 and vertical, active Megadipole 3000DX, 2 x 2,5 m.

Still lagging behind in leafing through the HF WAV files for further nuggets ...

HNY to you and to all readers: Nils, DK8OK (who can't await arrival of FDM-S3 and the new redpitaya/stemlab ...)

Am 01.01.2019 um 07:41 schrieb Simon Brown:

So,

2019 has not started well – conditions on 80m rotten, 40m not much better. At the end of this year we should be at the very bottom of solar cycle 24, let’s hope cycle 25 brings us something.

I’ll be releasing version 3.0.4 later this week, so stay tuned.

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

--
dk8ok.org

Jon Hudson

Happy New Year everyone.  Long wave was also performing well - Rob the 741 YouTuber picked up Radio4 from the UK in Connecticut on an RSP1A: https://youtu.be/nKtB_rqPdTs

73 Jon G4ABQ

Joe Puma

Happy New Year. There’s been some wild solar activity. More to come as well from Jan 2-4

Joe
Kd2nfc

On Jan 1, 2019, at 10:34 AM, Jon Hudson <jon.hudson@...> wrote:

Happy New Year everyone.  Long wave was also performing well - Rob the 741 YouTuber picked up Radio4 from the UK in Connecticut on an RSP1A: https://youtu.be/nKtB_rqPdTs

73 Jon G4ABQ

Joe Puma

Happy New Year Simon to you and your dog. We’ve had some bad solar weather the last few days and another hole is moving in position to potentially effect us with more solar weather for Jan 2-4. Hopefully it helps propagation

Joe
Kd2nfc