Topics

G31DDC Testing

Simon Brown

Hi All,

If you have a G31DDC and haven’t yet tested this then please do so – if you’re not in the test team then just send me an email and I’ll send you a link.

I want to return the G31DDC on Monday or Tuesday, I’ll then be sent the G33DDC on loan.

Actually I don’t want to return the G31DDC – it’s so good I really would keep it!

Tracey Gardner

Hello Simon

I can't recall if I'm in the test group or not, but I'd like to test my G31 out.
Can you let me have a link please?

73s Tracey G5VU

Send me private mail please: simon@...

I can't recall if I'm in the test group or not, but I'd like to test my G31 out.

Can you let me have a link please?

73s Tracey G5VU

If you have a G31DDC and haven’t yet tested this then please do so – if you’re not in the test team then just send me an email and I’ll send you a link.

I want to return the G31DDC on Monday or Tuesday, I’ll then be sent the G33DDC on loan.

Actually I don’t want to return the G31DDC – it’s so good I really would keep it!

m0jav@...

Could you send me the link please Simon

AL-TONL

Hallo zusammen,

ich würde gerne die SDR Consóle mit meinem G22ddc teste wie bekomme ich die Test Version

Alfred

If you have a G31DDC and haven’t yet tested this then please do so – if you’re not in the test team then just send me an email and I’ll send you a link.

I want to return the G31DDC on Monday or Tuesday, I’ll then be sent the G33DDC on loan.

Actually I don’t want to return the G31DDC – it’s so good I really would keep it!

Richard Grocott

HI Simon,
I have a G31DDC Excalibur in use and would love to try SDR Console software on it. As you say it is a great receiver.
Sole use of SDR Console on all my SDR based equipment will help me become proficient at one, rather than many, different SDR Apps. and SDR Console has some great features NOT found in the others....TNX

Rgds
Richard
VK6BMW VK6VW

ANAN 200D, RSP1, G31DDC and a sprinkling of others.

Simon Brown

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies. I’ll return the G31DDC on Tuesday, at the end of the week I’ll start the G33DDC support which will be easy as all the hard work is done with the G31DDC.

Then I’ll finally release 3.0.27.

If you have a G31DDC and haven’t yet tested this then please do so – if you’re not in the test team then just send me an email and I’ll send you a link.

I want to return the G31DDC on Monday or Tuesday, I’ll then be sent the G33DDC on loan.

Actually I don’t want to return the G31DDC – it’s so good I really would keep it!

Alan Roe

The WinRadio G31DDC is working great with the SDR-Console test kit.  Many thanks to Simon for this.

A long-overdue donation to the dog-food fund has now been made to express my appreciation.

regards

Alan Roe, Teddington, UK

On 14/02/2021 07:20, Simon Brown wrote:

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies. I’ll return the G31DDC on Tuesday, at the end of the week I’ll start the G33DDC support which will be easy as all the hard work is done with the G31DDC.

Then I’ll finally release 3.0.27.

If you have a G31DDC and haven’t yet tested this then please do so – if you’re not in the test team then just send me an email and I’ll send you a link.

I want to return the G31DDC on Monday or Tuesday, I’ll then be sent the G33DDC on loan.

Actually I don’t want to return the G31DDC – it’s so good I really would keep it!

Alan,

Many thanks for the generous donation, my dog salutes you 😊 .

If you have a G31DDC and haven’t yet tested this then please do so – if you’re not in the test team then just send me an email and I’ll send you a link.

I want to return the G31DDC on Monday or Tuesday, I’ll then be sent the G33DDC on loan.

Actually I don’t want to return the G31DDC – it’s so good I really would keep it!

Tracey Gardner

Can you please remind me how to make donations to the dog-food fund Simon?

73s Tracey G5VU

Many thanks for the generous donation, my dog salutes you 😊 .

If you have a G31DDC and haven’t yet tested this then please do so – if you’re not in the test team then just send me an email and I’ll send you a link.

I want to return the G31DDC on Monday or Tuesday, I’ll then be sent the G33DDC on loan.

Actually I don’t want to return the G31DDC – it’s so good I really would keep it!

Richard Grocott

Great!
Downloaded test kit file, installed, set definition for G31DDC, started using it...all very straight forward and functioning well. Linked into YONIQ  ( MMSSTV ) and received a picture straight away.
A slight hiccup...some stuttering with 2.5 MHz bandwidth selection..will do some more investigation.

Also ran ANAN 200D with Protocol 2...worked for longer than V 3.0.26 but hangs after about 20 to 30  seconds. 3.0.26 was not even giving me much time to troubleshoot....what is different ? perhaps this will give me an insight into what is not quite right for running my ANAN 200D. Will continue with troubleshooting before I bother the group.

Summary for WINRADIO G31DDC
SDR Console: Works out of the box, easy to use, excellent for SWL and casual listening. Interfaces well with other Public domain software.
WINRADIO software: Propriety, more difficult to use, works well with a great deal of control over RX settings. More suited to scientific/technical  research type use. Add-ons expensive...Digital Suite etc.

All in all, I must thank Simon for his work and will continue to use SDR Console in addition to the WINRADIO software when appropriate. SDR Console will I believe enable me to operate the WINRADIO remotely..yet to be tried.

PC CONFIG.
Intel I5-3450, 6GB RAM, GeForce GT 630M ( 4GB )
WIN 10 Home

Rgds
Richard
VK6BMW

Simon Brown

Richard,

Let’s see a screenshot wile the G31DDC is running at 2.5 MHz bandwidth. It’s smooth here, so I think it could be a PC issue. What’s it like at 2MHz?

[...]

Hi Tracey,

It’s PayPal, just follow this link: https://www.sdr-radio.com/download and you’ll see it, or click the PayPal icon in the Help pane of the ribbon bar.

Can you please remind me how to make donations to the dog-food fund Simon?

73s Tracey G5VU

Many thanks for the generous donation, my dog salutes you 😊 .

If you have a G31DDC and haven’t yet tested this then please do so – if you’re not in the test team then just send me an email and I’ll send you a link.

I want to return the G31DDC on Monday or Tuesday, I’ll then be sent the G33DDC on loan.

Actually I don’t want to return the G31DDC – it’s so good I really would keep it!

& many thanks 😊