G3020 and SRDradio

dm1rg <gregor.hans@...>

Good morning!
I wish the search function of the Yahoogroups would work ...
I am looking at this project for soem time and just joined the group.
Since I am using a Genesis 3020 for mostly WSPR and Digimodes I would be interested also using it with SRDradio.
So far I got the G3020 running smooth with SRDradio.
One thing I am missing and I am not sure I it has been overseen by me or its not implemented yet.
Where do I tell SDRradio that for instance the LO frequency of my G3020 is 10,125 MHz?
I dont want to make demands at this point but only ask because my waterfall is not sync to the frequency.
Will SDRradio support the G3020 at all?

Kind regards

73 de Gregor DM1RG

Dom Baines M1KTA

Gregor,

G3020 and all others like it are fixed LO frequency soundcard based SDR.

What that means is that fundamentally the maximum frequency either side of the centra LO frequency will be dependant on the bandwidth of the soundcard. So whatever you do set the sound card bandwidth correctly. Then the method I use (Simon may have updated for fixed frequency by now).
Set the band of the fixed frequency SDR. The '10' button. In mine if I select it the bottom grey slider centres on 10.075MHz
Set the centre frequency by adjusting the sliding cursor from the very bottom so that it corresponds with the centre frequency of the specific SDR you are using. 10.125MHz in your case.

Then as long as you have the sound card band width set correctly and the centre frequency set correctly the frequency readout 'should' be accurate.

72

Dom
M1KTA

I wish the search function of the Yahoogroups would work ...
I am looking at this project for soem time and just joined the group.
Since I am using a Genesis 3020 for mostly WSPR and Digimodes I would be interested also using it with SRDradio.
So far I got the G3020 running smooth with SRDradio.
One thing I am missing and I am not sure I it has been overseen by me or its not implemented yet.
Where do I tell SDRradio that for instance the LO frequency of my G3020 is 10,125 MHz?
I dont want to make demands at this point but only ask because my waterfall is not sync to the frequency.
Will SDRradio support the G3020 at all?

Kind regards

73 de Gregor DM1RG

Simon HB9DRV <simon@...>

I'll add fixed center frequency support.

Simon Brown, HB9DRV

http://sdr-radio.com