Fw: [SDR-Radio] No RSP useable in SDR Console #sdrplay

Simon Brown

So,

What a PITA ūüôĀ .

Sent: 02 August 2022 12:11
To: Simon Brown <Simon@...>
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] No RSP useable in SDR Console #sdrplay

Hi!
The RSP1A and the RSPdx are seen by SDR Console, but not working. RSP2PRO and RSPuno not seen by SDR Console. All four are seen from SparkSDR.
Sven - SM6FMB

Den 8/2/2022 kl. 12:41 PM, skrev Simon Brown:
So,

The RSPdx does not work with SDR Console?

Sent: 02 August 2022 11:24

Hi Simon!

Evidently my problem started with a USB2 Hub not working. Forced to change to PC 's own USB ports. Now having a new USB3 Hub working OK.

I was recommended by SDRPlay support also try API 3.09. Then got both SDRuno and SparkSDR to load and work.

RSP1A - Wish it to work with Openwebrx

RSP2PRO - Works with SDRuno

RSP2dx - Wish it to work with SDR Console

RSPduo - Works with SparkSDR

Of course I want them to be active in Windows 11 all the time!

73 de Sven SM6FMB

Den 7/31/2022 kl. 3:19 PM, skrev Simon Brown:
So,

I believe the SDRuno kit was updated to use 3.09 - or users were told to install 3.09.

If you have a problem using 3.0.9 or 3.0.10 please:

1. Let me know exactly what models are connected to the computer
  2. Attach a logfile

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> on behalf of Sven SM6FMB via groups.io <svempa42@...>
Sent: 31 July 2022 13:43
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io>
Subject: [SDR-Radio] No RSP useable in SDR Console #sdrplay

I have a couple of SDR Play SDR's: RSP1A and  RSP2dx will be found by SDR Console 3.1 and 3.2 but not startable. My RSPduo and RS2PRO not discovered.
Must use API 3.09 with SparkSDR and SDRuno to get them running.
Sven - SM6FMB

--
- + - + -
Please use https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/ when posting questions or problems.

--
- + - + -
Please use https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/ when posting questions or problems.

Jerry Lofstead W3CDE

Pain In The Butt...

On Tue, Aug 2, 2022 at 8:23 AM Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:
So,

What a PITA ūüôĀ .

Hi!
The RSP1A and the RSPdx are seen by SDR Console, but not working. RSP2PRO and RSPuno not seen by SDR Console. All four are seen from SparkSDR.
Sven - SM6FMB

So,

Hi Simon!

Evidently my problem started with a USB2 Hub not working. Forced to change to PC 's own USB ports. Now having a new USB3 Hub working OK.

I was recommended by SDRPlay support also try API 3.09. Then got both SDRuno and SparkSDR to load and work.

73 de Sven SM6FMB

So,

I believe the SDRuno kit was updated to use 3.09 - or users were told to install 3.09.

2. Attach a logfile

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> on behalf of Sven SM6FMB via groups.io <svempa42@...>

I have a couple of SDR Play SDR's: RSP1A and  RSP2dx will be found by SDR Console 3.1 and 3.2 but not startable. My RSPduo and RS2PRO not discovered.
Sven - SM6FMB

--
- + - + -

--
- + - + -

Simon Brown

Or,

Just an annoyance I could do without.

I pity SDRplay's support people when they go multi-platform, I've done that myself many years ago and it can destroy your sanity. I decided on a single platform approach because my goal was to support one platform properly - or at least try to. 

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> on behalf of Jerry Lofstead W3CDE via groups.io <glofstead@...>
Sent: 02 August 2022 13:39
To: main@sdr-radio.groups.io <main@sdr-radio.groups.io>
Subject: Re: Fw: [SDR-Radio] No RSP useable in SDR Console #sdrplay

Pain In The Butt...

On Tue, Aug 2, 2022 at 8:23 AM Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:
So,

What a PITA ūüôĀ .

Hi!
Sven - SM6FMB

So,

Hi Simon!

73 de Sven SM6FMB

So,

2. Attach a logfile

Sven - SM6FMB

--
- + - + -

--
- + - + -

--
- + - + -

Sven SM6FMB

Hi!
Here is the new logfile with RSP1A
Sven - Sm6fmb

Simon Brown

Thanks,

The API failed to initialise. Going out with the dog soon, will look at this later today and also test on my system.

I see you have API 3.09 which is correct, I think that should work.

Sent: 02 August 2022 13:54

Hi!
Sven - Sm6fmb

--
- + - + -

Simon Brown

And the error returned was¬†sdrplay_api_Fail which doesn't tell me a great deal ūüôĀ .

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> on behalf of Simon Brown via groups.io <simon@...>
Sent: 02 August 2022 14:07

Thanks,

The API failed to initialise. Going out with the dog soon, will look at this later today and also test on my system.

I see you have API 3.09 which is correct, I think that should work.

Sent: 02 August 2022 13:54

Hi!
Sven - Sm6fmb

--
- + - + -

--
- + - + -

Sven SM6FMB

Hi Simon!
Have you found out what sdrplay_api_Fail mean? Have tried different approach but no success!!
73 de Sven SM6FMB
PS: I miss my SDRPLAYdx and your fantastic application!

Simon Brown

Sorry,

No idea. The API software will not initialise - does SDRUno work for you? Which version of the API do you have installed?

Sent: 08 August 2022 17:21

Hi Simon!
Have you found out what sdrplay_api_Fail mean? Have tried different approach but no success!!
73 de Sven SM6FMB

--
- + - + -

Sven SM6FMB

Den 8/8/2022 kl. 6:39 PM, skrev Simon Brown:
Sorry,

No idea. The API software will not initialise - does SDRUno work for you? Which version of the API do you have installed?

Hi Simon!
73 de Sven SM6FMB

--
- + - + -

Hi Simon!

SDRuno 1.42.0728  works with  SDRplay RSPdx receiver with API 3.09 b and SPARksdr 2.0.22 at the same time! SDR Console do not working at all!

SDRuno 1.42.0728  works not with SDRplay RSPdx receiver with API 3.10b and not with SPARksdr 2.0.22 at the same time! SDR Console do not working at all!

73 de Sven SM6FMB

Dennis Matzen

Sven, did you take the steps I recommended to remove all SDR Play software and re-install it? I had a similar issue last year and this cleaned up things on my PC.

1. Disconnect all SDR play receivers from PC.
2. Un-install ALL SDR Play software, applications, drivers, API, etc.
3. Delete SDR Play definitions in Console
4. Reboot the computer
5. Re-install the SDR Play software.
     a. Make sure you do not plug in the receiver until directed to do so by the SDR Play software installation.
6. Check operation in SDR Uno
7. Add a new definition in Console and test
--
Dennis
KA6FUB

Simon Brown

Sven,

I'm sorry - I have no idea what has happened with the new APIs. It works for some people with API 3.09 - maybe others with RSP radios can comment here.

One thing - SDR Console is a 64-bit program, I think the others are 32-bit.

Sent: 09 August 2022 18:16

Den 8/8/2022 kl. 6:39 PM, skrev Simon Brown:
Sorry,

Hi Simon!
73 de Sven SM6FMB

--
- + - + -

Hi Simon!

SDRuno 1.42.0728  works with  SDRplay RSPdx receiver with API 3.09 b and SPARksdr 2.0.22 at the same time! SDR Console do not working at all!

SDRuno 1.42.0728  works not with SDRplay RSPdx receiver with API 3.10b and not with SPARksdr 2.0.22 at the same time! SDR Console do not working at all!

73 de Sven SM6FMB

--
- + - + -

Sven SM6FMB

Hi!
Thank you for your advises I will test when time occurs.
73 de Sven SM6FMB

Den 8/9/2022 kl. 10:43 PM, skrev Dennis Matzen:

Sven, did you take the steps I recommended to remove all SDR Play software and re-install it? I had a similar issue last year and this cleaned up things on my PC.

1. Disconnect all SDR play receivers from PC.
2. Un-install ALL SDR Play software, applications, drivers, API, etc.
3. Delete SDR Play definitions in Console
4. Reboot the computer
5. Re-install the SDR Play software.
     a. Make sure you do not plug in the receiver until directed to do so by the SDR Play software installation.
6. Check operation in SDR Uno
7. Add a new definition in Console and test
--
Dennis
KA6FUB

Sven SM6FMB

Hi Simon!
I have now tested for weeks to have all my SDR/play receivers to work. I have tested most as a none technician can do. Disappointed! Working with API 3.09. API 3.10 do not work at all. I do not use any other application using SDR play. SDR Console nearly alone in my PC. RSP1A and RSP2 doesn't start at all. RSPuno and RSPdx starts occasionly.ANAN10 starts but disconnects after 10-120 seconds. Both IP adress and MAC Adress seems to be ok.
73 de Sven SM6FMB

Simon Brown

So,

RSP:
  • If it works with API 3.09 then use API 3.09.
  • It is not clear to me if any work with 3.10.
ANAN:
  • Did you check the firewall as I suggested?

Sent: 27 August 2022 10:10

Hi Simon!
I have now tested for weeks to have all my SDR/play receivers to work. I have tested most as a none technician can do. Disappointed! Working with API 3.09. API 3.10 do not work at all. I do not use any other application using SDR play. SDR Console nearly alone in my PC. RSP1A and RSP2 doesn't start at all. RSPuno and RSPdx starts occasionly.ANAN10 starts but disconnects after 10-120 seconds. Both IP adress and MAC Adress seems to be ok.
73 de Sven SM6FMB

--
- + - + -

Sven SM6FMB

Den 8/27/2022 kl. 11:14 AM, skrev Simon Brown:
So,

RSP:
  • If it works with API 3.09 then use API 3.09.
  • It is not clear to me if any work with 3.10.
ANAN:
  • Did you check the firewall as I suggested?

Sent: 27 August 2022 10:10

Hi Simon!
73 de Sven SM6FMB

--
- + - + -

HI!

RSP - No SDRPlay works with API 3.10 in SDR Console

ANAN - I have correct IP and MAC adress. Tried both dynamic and static IP adress and dissconnected firewall for a short time.

73 de Sven SM6FMB

PS I must have RSPPuno and API 3.09 loaded, otherwise doesn't my SPARKsdr works which is my most application

Simon Brown

So,

Only use API 3.09. Do all RSP work with 3.09?

RSP - No SDRPlay works with API 3.10 in SDR Console

ANAN - I have correct IP and MAC adress. Tried both dynamic and static IP adress and dissconnected firewall for a short time.

73 de Sven SM6FMB

--
- + - + -

Txeminator

Thanks for info Simon,

I¬īve installed back the API 3.09 en it¬īs working fine in SDR console 3.2 Build 2706

PC Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz  / 32 Gbs. RAM + Windows 11 Pro

Best 73 de José EA2AA

martin m3ghe

Late to the party here, but I have been running V3.2 with API 3.10 since they were both available. I can only speak for the RSP1 and RSP1A but they work fine.
I am using Win 10 Pro 64 bit and all updated. 
Only SDR Console and SDR Uno seem to work with API 3.10, any other software needs API 3.09.
Some points, you need to delete any previous definitions and start fresh.
Also if you tried API 3.10 and it didn't work for you SDRPlay report that you can't just install API 3.09 over the top, you have to follow the procedure on their site otherwise 3.09 wont work either. Remember when changing API versions you will need new definitions.  
--
Martin m3ghe