Topics

#Future ADALM Pluto iio initialization GPO0 as PTT #feature #ptt #future #adalmpluto

DL5DL

I read https://wiki.analog.com/university/tools/pluto/hacking/power_amp
It describes how to setup one of the four GPO-Pins to automaticly switch while e.g. transmitting (purpose: enable external PA).
I can do RX/TX from Adalm SSH-command line but rx/tx switching of GPO0 is not handled while transmitting in SDR Console. I don't know how the Pluto is implemented in SDR Console, but may be it can be done easily while initialization.

This line will setup GPO0 to switch to high on TX
iio_attr -a -D ad9361-phy adi,gpo0-slave-tx-enable 1
Here is also a list of additional driver options (for reference only): https://wiki.analog.com/resources/tools-software/linux-drivers/iio-transceiver/ad9361-customization

I’m in the middle of some commercial work, but will look at this quickly today. I did have GPO support but removed it and am not sure why.

https://wiki.analog.com/resources/tools-software/linux-drivers/iio-transceiver/ad9361-customization

Scroll down to GPO Control.

It describes how to setup one of the four GPO-Pins to automaticly switch while e.g. transmitting (purpose: enable external PA).
I can do RX/TX from Adalm SSH-command line but rx/tx switching of GPO0 is not handled while transmitting in SDR Console. I don't know how the Pluto is implemented in SDR Console, but may be it can be done easily while initialization.

This line will setup GPO0 to switch to high on TX

iio_attr -a -D ad9361-phy adi,gpo0-slave-tx-enable 1

Here is also a list of additional driver options (for reference only): https://wiki.analog.com/resources/tools-software/linux-drivers/iio-transceiver/ad9361-customization

ON6PY@...

Hi Simon,
Tnx for the fantastic software that you put at the disposal of the qo100 community.
Will adapting SDR Console to send the PTT through the GPIO also work with the Pluto firmware from Analog Devices or only with F5EOE firmware?

Best 73 de Rudy

Siegfried Jackstien

fw from evariste

Am 30.07.2020 um 20:21 schrieb ON6PY@...:

Hi Simon,
Tnx for the fantastic software that you put at the disposal of the qo100 community.
Will adapting SDR Console to send the PTT through the GPIO also work with the Pluto firmware from Analog Devices or only with F5EOE firmware?

Best 73 de Rudy

Rob O

Hi,
Could I ask what is the current situation regarding PTT for the Pluto? Is it implemented via the GPO pins in the latest version of SDRC and does it work with the stock AD fw (0.31 I believe is the latest)?

I would like to use PTT with an SG-Lab Amp...

Great s/w, thank you.
Rob

Simon Brown

Rob,

The standard firmware from AD does not work with GPO, so you must use a USB relay.

For further help please use the forums (URL below).