From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of John K5JRW via Groups.Io
Sent: 12 January 2020 13:49
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: [SDR-Radio] Frequency shifting

Hello to group
 i am having a problem with a  frequency shift.Example I am setting on hf 3.978. The software as well as my hf radio will change on its on  to 137.104.I then hit refresh on software it will change back to 3.978.Other times I will have to change the band on my hf radio.This will get me back to 80 meters.I am running a Yeasu ft1200dx with the SDR Dongle connected to the U-Tune on back of radio.
to get radio and antenna. Also running  omni-Rig.
73 John K5JRW

John K5JRW

Thanks Simon
I will look in to that.I noticed it is most noticed when using Mouse also.
I will Make these changes of the Baud rate.
73 John K5JRW

jdow

Possibly a communications issue between Yaesu and computer?

Can you break out of this error by ever so slightly tuning the Yaesu?

{^_^}

On 20200112 05:48:36, John K5JRW via Groups.Io wrote:
Hello to group
 i am having a problem with a  frequency shift.Example I am setting on hf 3.978. The software as well as my hf radio will change on its on  to 137.104.I then hit refresh on software it will change back to 3.978.Other times I will have to change the band on my hf radio.This will get me back to 80 meters.I am running a Yeasu ft1200dx with the SDR Dongle connected to the U-Tune on back of radio.
to get radio and antenna. Also running  omni-Rig.
73 John K5JRW

jdow

Does it happen when the Yaesu is transmitting? RF in the wires can do this.
{^_^}

On 20200112 07:41:55, Simon Brown wrote:
John,
This can only happen if the frequency has been erroneously read from the radio. If it changes to a random frequency then this must be what’s happening. If I’m right then I would check the serial cable and maybe drop the baud rate down?