FM Broadcast "Scanner"

Les Rayburn

With the addition of MPX output, an improved RDS decoder, and the powerful FM database, SDR-Console is already an incredible tool for FM DX fans. 

The one feature that is still missing is an ability similar to the “RDS Data Logger” plug-in available for SDR Sharp. 

This useful tool allows you to program in the ability to sweep through the entire band, channel by channel; dwelling on each one for 7-10 seconds. If an RDS signal is detected, it is automatically logged to a text file. 

The RDS Logger has the ability to scan in either 100 kHz or 200 kHz channels, making it useful worldwide. You can skip local channels if you desire, and adjust how long it remains on each channel. 

During e-skip openings, you can assign an SDR to this task, gathering RDS confirmations while you twist the dial on another unit listening to live DX. You can also let it run while at work detecting brief e-skip openings. 

If such an ability where incorporated into SDR-Console, it would truly become the pinnacle achievement for FM DXing. Any chance we could see that in the future? 

Thanks for all that you do Simon. 

Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL 35114
EM63nf

NRC & IRCA Courtesy Program Committee Chairman
Member WTFDA, MWC

Perseus SDR, Elad FDM-S2 SDR, AirSpy + Discovery, SDRPlay RSP-2 Pro, Sony XDR-F1HD [XDR Guy Modified], Dennon TU-1500RD, Sangean HDT-1X, Ray Dees RDS Decoders, Korner 9.2 Antenna, FM-6 Antenna, Kitz Technologies KT-501 Pre-amps, Quantum Phaser, Wellbrook ALA1530 Loop, Wellbrook Flag, Clifton Labs Active Whip. 

“Nothing but blues and Elvis, and somebody else’s favorite song…” 

Powered by Mailbutler, the email extension that does it all

Radio Guy

I wonder if your idea would work for detecting HD radio signals in the AM medium wave band as well.

On Thu, May 27, 2021 at 1:19 PM Les Rayburn <les@...> wrote:
With the addition of MPX output, an improved RDS decoder, and the powerful FM database, SDR-Console is already an incredible tool for FM DX fans. 

The one feature that is still missing is an ability similar to the “RDS Data Logger” plug-in available for SDR Sharp. 

This useful tool allows you to program in the ability to sweep through the entire band, channel by channel; dwelling on each one for 7-10 seconds. If an RDS signal is detected, it is automatically logged to a text file. 

The RDS Logger has the ability to scan in either 100 kHz or 200 kHz channels, making it useful worldwide. You can skip local channels if you desire, and adjust how long it remains on each channel. 

During e-skip openings, you can assign an SDR to this task, gathering RDS confirmations while you twist the dial on another unit listening to live DX. You can also let it run while at work detecting brief e-skip openings. 

If such an ability where incorporated into SDR-Console, it would truly become the pinnacle achievement for FM DXing. Any chance we could see that in the future? 

Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL 35114
EM63nf

Member WTFDA, MWC

Perseus SDR, Elad FDM-S2 SDR, AirSpy + Discovery, SDRPlay RSP-2 Pro, Sony XDR-F1HD [XDR Guy Modified], Dennon TU-1500RD, Sangean HDT-1X, Ray Dees RDS Decoders, Korner 9.2 Antenna, FM-6 Antenna, Kitz Technologies KT-501 Pre-amps, Quantum Phaser, Wellbrook ALA1530 Loop, Wellbrook Flag, Clifton Labs Active Whip. 

--

-----------
Ken

Jim Smith G0OFE

There is already an RDS logger built in. The only part missing is the automatic scan.

There is a workaround involving CSVUserlistBrowser by DF8RY. Download the software, and look up "using markers to scan".

Not done it myself as I use a different method involving several recievers and scanning recorded files.

================================
Need help with SDR Console? If you have a problem:
Go to https://www.sdr-radio.com/support
Please follow instructions in that link.
===================================
Jim, Bournemouth, Dorset. IO90BR.
Elad FDM-S2, Airspy HF+, SDRPlay and Funcube Dongle SDR Recievers
8-element OP-DES for Band 2, 8-element LFA for 2m, 3-element LFA for 6m, 20m Windom for HF,. Wellbrook 1530 Loop for LF

On 27/05/2021 17:18, Les Rayburn wrote:

Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL 35114
EM63nf

Member WTFDA, MWC

Simon Brown

Hi,

If / when I do this we could actually run more than one RX scanning, just depends on available resources. Any scanner would also work with IQ files.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim Smith G0OFE
Sent: 28 May 2021 07:19
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] FM Broadcast "Scanner"

There is already an RDS logger built in. The only part missing is the automatic scan.

There is a workaround involving CSVUserlistBrowser by DF8RY. Download the software, and look up "using markers to scan".

Not done it myself as I use a different method involving several recievers and scanning recorded files.

================================
Need help with SDR Console? If you have a problem:
Go to https://www.sdr-radio.com/support
Please follow instructions in that link.
===================================
Jim, Bournemouth, Dorset. IO90BR.
Elad FDM-S2, Airspy HF+, SDRPlay and Funcube Dongle SDR Recievers
8-element OP-DES for Band 2, 8-element LFA for 2m, 3-element LFA for 6m, 20m Windom for HF,. Wellbrook 1530 Loop for LF

On 27/05/2021 17:18, Les Rayburn wrote:

Les Rayburn, N1LF

121 Mayfair Park

Maylene, AL 35114

EM63nf

Member WTFDA, MWC