From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> on behalf of George Stein - NJ3H via groups.io <nj3h@...>
Sent: Thursday, July 7, 2022 11:51 AM
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io>
Subject: [SDR-Radio] favorites question and Something else

Greetings,

In the attached picture (a screen capture to show the drop down
RF Gain, there is a favorite shown at 17.  I looked at the favorites screen.  I did not see a way to change the favorite value.  How is this done?

The other thing.  I had SDRC using my RSPdx.  Many values would work for the RF Gain for the 99 watt station.  Interestingly enough in SDRuno, the RF Gain setting is very finickly in finding a setting that would work.  I am impressed how there is a much wider range of 'goog' settings than uno has.  Not sure why uno is acting strange in this regard.

Regards,
George

George Stein - NJ3H

Thanks, Tony.  It looks like it changes the next time I start SDRC with the last value used.  For some reason, I just never gave that a second thought before.

Regards,
George

On Thursday, July 7, 2022 at 11:02:53 AM PDT, Tony_AD0VC <canthony15@...> wrote:

Not sure thats a "favorite". It is a default value. I don't think there is an easy way to change it.

Tony

In the attached picture (a screen capture to show the drop down
RF Gain, there is a favorite shown at 17.  I looked at the favorites screen.  I did not see a way to change the favorite value.  How is this done?

The other thing.  I had SDRC using my RSPdx.  Many values would work for the RF Gain for the 99 watt station.  Interestingly enough in SDRuno, the RF Gain setting is very finickly in finding a setting that would work.  I am impressed how there is a much wider range of 'goog' settings than uno has.  Not sure why uno is acting strange in this regard.

Regards,
George

Tony_AD0VC

OK. So it tells you what the value was when you started SDRC. If you are fiddling with settings, it is easy to tell how to put it back where it was. Maybe a little unusual from a UI perspective but I could see it as useful. I've been using SDRC V3 since the beginning and never really paid much attention to it.

Tony

In the attached picture (a screen capture to show the drop down
RF Gain, there is a favorite shown at 17.  I looked at the favorites screen.  I did not see a way to change the favorite value.  How is this done?

The other thing.  I had SDRC using my RSPdx.  Many values would work for the RF Gain for the 99 watt station.  Interestingly enough in SDRuno, the RF Gain setting is very finickly in finding a setting that would work.  I am impressed how there is a much wider range of 'goog' settings than uno has.  Not sure why uno is acting strange in this regard.

Regards,
George

Max

On Thu, Jul 7, 2022 at 07:09 PM, George Stein - NJ3H wrote:
Thanks, Tony.  It looks like it changes the next time I start SDRC with the last value used.  For some reason, I just never gave that a second thought before.

Regards,
George
That is exactly correct George. No way to store, just an indicator of the value you started with at the last start.

73

Max