From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Paul
Sent: 03 May 2021 08:20
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: [SDR-Radio] Exporting Console IQ recordings

I appreciate this is probably seen as OT for Console but if ya don't ask....

I've just upgraded some of my SDRs to add another Airspy R2 and Elad S3.
Console has been working well on HF and Low VHF but for FMDX I'd really like to continue using Sharp to playback the S3 files. I'm very familiar with it and it has the ability to almost instantly review the last few minutes of reception both of which are vital during an Es opening at VHF.

The problem is when I try to play Console recorded files over 2GB in Sharp I get an error message that reads 'Invalid file format. File length and samples counter not equals'

The files have been recorded as 16 bit WAV RF64 format so should be compatible? Similar format SDR Sharp recorded files work perfectly in Console. I can see that the 2GB and smaller files are 'wav' format which presumably accounts for the different result?

Would appreciate any suggestions on how to get round this or is it a non starter?

Paul

Please use https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/ when posting questions or problems.

Paul

Thanks for the reply Simon, sorry I should have been clearer in my post, I'm using the file player from Vasili which does support RF64. I also use his baseband recorder plugin and the 40GB files it generates work well in Console both playback and analyser.

The latest RDS decoder in Console is superb, better than RDS Spy and the MPX output which was already good!

Paul

Can’t really help if a 3rd-party prog doesn’t play my files, sorry.