Editing the broadcast database ?

Andy obrien <k3ukandy@...>

I tried editing the broadcast band database , added a few long wave stations.  However they do not show up when I boot the program, only frequencies above 3 mHz show up.  Is there a secret to editing this file ?

Andy K3UK

obrienaj <k3ukandy@...>

Actually, it is NOT below 3Mhz that is the issue. I just tried to add Radio Marti to the database at 5980 but it is not showing up either. I simply added the line of text and pressed "save" . Odd.

--- In sdr-radio-com@..., Andy obrien <k3ukandy@...> wrote:

I tried editing the broadcast band database , added a few long wave
stations. However they do not show up when I boot the program, only
frequencies above 3 mHz show up. Is there a secret to editing this file ?

Andy K3UK

Simon HB9DRV <simon@...>

Yes, the secret is probably not to do it :)

Haven't thought about it myself yet.

Simon Brown, HB9DRV

http://sdr-radio.com

I tried editing the broadcast band database , added a few long wave stations.  However they do not show up when I boot the program, only frequencies above 3 mHz show up.  Is there a secret to editing this file ?

Andy K3UK

Bruce Tanner

Just a thought with no knowledge... but be sure to check you are saving it back to the correct folder. Seems you would get some sort of warning about 'do you want to rewrite this file' if it were going back to the proper place. Check the pathway as to where the revised file is being sent.

bet

--- In sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com, Andy obrien .> wrote:

> I tried editing the broadcast band database , added a few long wave
> stations. However they do not show up when I boot the program, only
> frequencies above 3 mHz show up. Is there a secret to editing this file ?
>
> Andy K3UK

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5052 (20100423) __________

http://www.eset.com

Bruce Tanner

If it is just one or two frequencies of interest it might be best to use the 'memory' feature. That has worked well for me in the range all the way from 870 KHz to 10 MHz WWV.  Using a Softrock V6.2 + Xtal for 80/40 meters.
bet

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 9:58 AM, Bruce Tanner <bet110@...> wrote:

Just a thought with no knowledge... but be sure to check you are saving it back to the correct folder.
Only a complete bozo would do that. In fact I did it...once...but
came to my senses and tried it a second time and made sure I saved to
the correct folder. Did not work though.

Andy

Andy obrien <k3ukandy@...>

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 10:03 AM, Bruce Tanner <bet110@...> wrote:

If it is just one or two frequencies of interest it might be best to use the 'memory' feature. That has worked well for me in the range all the way from 870 KHz to 10 MHz WWV.  Using a Softrock V6.2 + Xtal for 80/40 meters.
bet

but you do not get the nice "track" and time of day features that the
database affords.

Andy.