Topics

"decouple" spectrum zoom from sample rate / bandwidth change ? #sdrconsolev3

Ben Z en de rest

Hi, running SDR-Console V3, when changing the bandwidth (Arispy miny for example) from 750 kHz to 1500 kHz the zoom for the received spectrum automagically adapts so I still only see the 750 kHz, I have to manually zoom out to get the full selected bandwidth  I am trying to find a setting to have the zoom by default on minimum after change of bandwidth because I usually switch to a higher bandwidth to see more.

Is that possible ?

Thanks,

Ben - PE2BZ

@Simon could you add a hotkey to the screenshot function because with options / menu open they hide when you move the mouse t the Screenshot button.

Zacharias Liangas

>>>Simon could you add a hotkey to the screenshot function because with options / menu open they hide when you move the mouse t the Screenshot button

solution  : Customize>screenshot >current keys >press a new key >assign

Also use the camera button on the top part of the SDRC screen

Ben Z en de rest

Hi Zacharias, thanks for your reply,

Cutomizing and assign a hotkey indeed works :-)

Now the problem is that the hotkey is not working as soon as one of the items in the Spectrum screen (like zoom factor, or Low / High) is open. For those I still can use the Windows screen grab (shift win S) keus.

73

Ben

Max

Type "Snipping Tool" with Windows start menu open. Standard tool supplied with Windows. Very useful, fast and intuitive.

Updated replacement for this tool is supposed to be "Snip and Sketch" but it is very buggy and does not work for me (see multiple complaints on the web for people who cannot get it working). Maybe it works for you? Personally the old "Snipping Tool" works perfectly well for me. I use it every day many times a day.

Both are available installed as standard with Windows 10.

Good luck

Max

On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 09:41 AM, Ben Z en de rest wrote:

Now the problem is that the hotkey is not working as soon as one of the items in the Spectrum screen (like zoom factor, or Low / High) is open. For those I still can use the Windows screen grab (shift win S) keus.

73

Ben

Max

Just realised, of course Snipping Tool does not solve the issue with "pop-up" menus, and neither does (shift win S) which opens Snip and Sketch dialogue, not a Windows screen grab.

Yes, full screen grab is the only option here, but of course it grabs the whole screen (including additional monitors). To save Windows screen grab as a file, press Windows Key + Print Screen. Screengrab is saved in the "Screenshots" folder in the Windows "Pictures" folder for the logged-in Windows user. Open file using "Photos", then zoom-in/pan as necessary and crop using "Snipping Tool" as per my earlier post.

Of course there are many ways to do this but this achieves it only using built-in Widows features. If you have Photoshop or similar then of course that is more elegant!

Max

Max

Sorry folks, going a bit off topic here, but if you do not have a need for the expense of Photoshop, an excellent and totally free alternative is GIMP:

https://www.gimp.org/

Quite a steep learning curve, but can even be made to almost perfectly mimic the Photoshop interface for those used to that:

https://lifehacker.com/how-to-make-the-gimp-work-more-like-photoshop-1551318983

Not totally off-topic, because it is always worth having a good graphics program to easily manipulate and annotate screen grabs for benefit of group members. A picture paints a thousand words!

Max

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 11:38 AM, Max wrote:

 If you have Photoshop or similar then of course that is more elegant!

Max

Zacharias Liangas

re: Gimp

Tried checked and deleted. I had already some practice with corel draw which is  much better adn easier!

Max

Hi Zacharias

Way off topic here (all my own fault), but just for information of others, Corel Draw is not comparable to either Photoshop or Gimp. Corel Draw is a vector based drawing program and better compared with Adobe Illustrator, but it does have some raster graphics handling features built in, just like Illustrator.

Anyway, at the end of the day none of that really matters, only that people find something they are comfortable using to grab and manipulate screens images. Enough about image programs..... I should not have gone off the track!

73

Max

Zacharias Liangas

Yes also my fault because I meant photo paint,which is the rival of gimp and any photo program!
I think that s enougt on photo programs noticed her