Cracks and Pops....

Bruce Tanner

I have just been enjoying a bit of self indulgence...

I have my SR V6.2 set up on a desktop running SDR Radio under Windows 7. I accessed it remotely from an Acer One netbook in an adjoining room remotely and for the first time heard the 'cracking and popping' referred to by others. For what is is worth I learned, that at least in this arrangement, I was able to completely eliminate the cracking and popping by increasing the Audio Out setting "Queue Size" to '30', remotely via the netbook.

I was listening to CW in LCW mode at the time. BTW, when I pressed the button that says "CW" on the panel from the remote unit it appeared to change the frequency on the 'home' system. Not sure what that was about but I had to retune to get the signal back again.

I also learned something else that I had wondered. If I am listening to the SDR Radio console in "Local" mode, I can do so safely without disrupting the processing of an incoming remote request for the system. The remote will take over control of the system but will at least give that control to the incoming request. It is nice to know that because I have been 'not listening' when I wanted to at times for fear that it would block access from the remote request.

All done...

Bruce, K2BET

Andy obrien <k3ukandy@...>

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 2:05 PM, k2bet1 <bet110@...> wrote:
I also learned something else that I had wondered. If I am listening to the SDR Radio console in "Local" mode, I can do so safely without disrupting the processing of an incoming remote request for the system. The remote will take over control of the system but will at least give that control to the incoming request. It is nice to know that because I have been 'not listening' when I wanted to at times for fear that it would block access from the remote request.

All done...

Bruce, K2BET

I did not know that, useful info. Thanks!