Controlling Remote Receivers

diacong

Dear Simon,
I'm on vacation in British Columbia. Before leaving the UK I installed SDR-Radio on my laptop and was able to connect to remote receivers over the internet using the "Remote (via Internet)" source tab without any problems.

My friend here in BC accesses the internet via a 2Mb/s satellite link which has a latency of just under 1 second. I notice that when I fire up SDR-Radio the monitor screens in the icon on the "Remote (via Internet)" tab are initially blue and then the whole tab greys out. Is this the behaviour you'd expect as a result of the latency or has a fault developed in my installation.

The reason why we want to use this facility is to observe the effects of antenna modifications we're planning to make at my friends station.

I'd be very interested to read your comments.

73
Graham G8EWT

Simon HB9DRV <simon@...>

Hi,

Remind me about this as soon as I have a version 1.1 test kit available - I have a feeling that high latency causes problems here. It's about time that I revisited the server...

Simon Brown, HB9DRV

http://sdr-radio.com