Topics

Console V3 wish list

James Niven

Hello all!

When playing back recording made on the SDR Console v3, how do I get the screen to move when I tune the receiver to the next frequency when it is off the screen?

This seems to work just fine when live tuning, or if this is not a feature on the latest version, I have this version as per below then can we make this a feature in a future release?

Also, to the developers, when in playback mode when can only go back or forward 5 seconds, can we perhaps make this where the user can select the duration as wanted, other than a fixed value.

I have Total Recorder and this has that feature. This allows to playing back muffled portion of the recording that may have a station Identification.

Thanks

James Niven

Austin, Texas

Tony_AD0VC

The reason it appears to work in live mode is because the software can move the radio center frequency when you  tune off the top of the window and I believe that this is what the console does. The bar at the bottom of the window just above the CPU/GPU load indicators  contains a gray bar that will move when you tune off the edge of the window. With a recording, the radio center is fixed at the time of the recording and cannot be moved so the mechanism that makes it appear to do what you want in live mode is not useful for recordings.

I realize that we all have our preferences and it is difficult to imagine changing how we do things sometimes but the way I use the console is to keep the main window zoomed out. For detail viewing (which I do a lot of) I use the matrix window with a single window selected. I keep the zoom level at 2 or even 1 for some of my NDB stuff.  The matrix window is a separate window that stays centered at the tuned frequency, has its own zoom, tuning, dsp controls. You can tune from the main window or from the matrix window. The matrix window is activated from the View section of the RECEIVE tab.

Similarly, you can use the Receiver Pane which is activated right next to the matrix button. It offers another variation of the same idea.

Tony
AD0VC

When playing back recording made on the SDR Console v3, how do I get the screen to move when I tune the receiver to the next frequency when it is off the screen?

This seems to work just fine when live tuning, or if this is not a feature on the latest version, I have this version as per below then can we make this a feature in a future release?

Also, to the developers, when in playback mode when can only go back or forward 5 seconds, can we perhaps make this where the user can select the duration as wanted, other than a fixed value.

I have Total Recorder and this has that feature. This allows to playing back muffled portion of the recording that may have a station Identification.

Thanks

James Niven

Austin, Texas

James Niven