console's b360.2 , 15-10 meters band blocked - overload

ic8pof

Overload: Simon I suppose also what you say about the overload.

To replicate a similar situation happened on sunday I am organizing a mini
facsimile-contest situation.
I need at least 20 stations (more would not be bad) on 15 meters :
9EU at S8-9 and over, plus local friend's station at S9+30
3USA + 2VE at S3-7,
1JA at S3-6,
1VK at S2-5,
1PY at S1-2,
1ZS at S1-3.
Sorry for the others but have no more place in my pc.

So I can replicate the same situation and make all the maneuvres Simon suggested and a sufficient long IQ recording to let you understand what I am experiencing.

All the Ops who will be "readable" during the OVERLOAD phase are invited after the Fac-simile Contest for a Capri_Pizza, cake and lemon_ice.

And not just because yesterday was monday ...

73
Phil

PS: waiting for a next major contest would be easier and cheaper, eh hehehe

--- In sdr-radio-com@..., "Simon HB9DRV" <simon@...> wrote:

Eh?

IQ recordings are supported in the console!

Please try the suggestions I made and let me see the screenshot. I also
think that the SDR-IQ is being overloaded but due to your smaller window
size you're not seing the Overload warning. Turn the RFgain down by 10 or
20dB, this should help.

Simon Brown, HB9DRV

http://sdr-radio.com

From: sdr-radio-com@... [mailto:sdr-radio-com@...]
On Behalf Of ic8pof

Hi again, if it would be only a viewing problem then Ok,
but the PROBLEM is not just on the viewing side, I suppose is deeper.

Simon HB9DRV <simon@...>

I'll put the Overload indicator somewhere else so that it's more obvious.

I am 100% sure that this is the problem, so try dropping the RF Gain when your local station is on the air. With the next kit you'll see the Overload in the Status Bar.

Simon Brown, HB9DRV

http://sdr-radio.com

From: sdr-radio-com@... [mailto:sdr-radio-com@...] On Behalf Of ic8pof

Overload: Simon I suppose also what you say about the overload.

Bruce Tanner

Wow! Sounds like major research to me! Sorry I am so far away! ;)

Bruce, K2BET
-----------------

--- In sdr-radio-com@..., "Simon HB9DRV" wrote:

> Eh?
>

> IQ recordings are supported in the console!
>

> Please try the suggestions I made and let me see the screenshot. I also
> think that the SDR-IQ is being overloaded but due to your smaller window
> size you're not seing the Overload warning. Turn the RFgain down by 10 or
> 20dB, this should help.
>

> Simon Brown, HB9DRV
>
> http://sdr-radio.com
>

> From: sdr-radio-com@... [mailto:sdr-radio-com@...]
> On Behalf Of ic8pof
>
> Hi again, if it would be only a viewing problem then Ok,
> but the PROBLEM is not just on the viewing side, I suppose is deeper.

ic8pof

GA Bruce, no matter how far you are (K2 is easy from my IC8 side), the idea to make a fac-simile contest of just 5 to 10 minutes would be great.
The drawback is that it would take too long time for the preparation and the operation phase of such a game
and I cannot wait so long to have a response.

Therefore I am preparing some minimal equipments , 2 RF_generators a combiner and some attenuators,
to make the only fast and easy solution to test at what level the SDR_IQ overloads for a normal HAM usage .

Not for complaining, but for letting the Programmers to improve the software and better knowing the rigs we use.

73
Phil

<mailto:sdr-radio-com%40yahoogroups.com>, "Simon HB9DRV" <simon@>

From: sdr-radio-com@...
<mailto:sdr-radio-com%40yahoogroups.com>
[mailto:sdr-radio-com@...
<mailto:sdr-radio-com%40yahoogroups.com>]
On Behalf Of ic8pof

Hi again, if it would be only a viewing problem then Ok,
but the PROBLEM is not just on the viewing side, I suppose is deeper.

Bruce Tanner

Hi, Phil. I am actually located in Michigan... one of those silly 'vanity calls' of ours. I find it really confuses the rotators of beams! :)

Yes, it is a great idea. When I read about and saw the image of concern, 'overload' was the first thing to come to mind for me as well. Your experiment should provide some valuable information. Good luck with it.

Bruce, K2BET
Okemos, MI