console's b360.2 , 15-10 meters band blocked

ic8pof

GM Simon, something strange happened yesterady sunday on 15 and 10 meters with my SDR_IQ and console b360#2.

I have SWL_ed in the IOTA contest for a while and all has flown OK on 40 and 20 meters.
Lot of stations and many have been one above the other ;---).
Almost all have been copied , but the "STRANGE_THING" happened on 15 and 10 meters.

Here is to be seen a local friend's signal at S 9+20/30 level, about 1km away with 100w and a yagi.
During the transmission the whole SDR RX window disappears .....uhmmmmm .
When he ends the transmission there is a BLACK_HOLE of about 1/4 second then the band is again visible.
And so on at every TX RX passage.
I have tried also to move away the RX window about 100khz below and the same happened.
A short test on 10 meterrs also made the same THING.

I have tried in the afternoon to feed an 15mt signal with my RF_Gen at about S 8 - 9 and have noted that the RX window also disappears.
Lesser but disappears.
As I am not a programmer but only a key-depresser I cannot say what happens on 15 and 10 meters.

In a REAL RX such occurrence would show to a poor hardware design, but in a software radio where is the problem ?
73
Phil

Simon HB9DRV <simon@...>

Hi,

I think it's a combination of settings.

1) In the Waterfall options select the SpectraVue colours.

2) In the Waterfall pane in the RX Options select Advanced then press Default.

3) Screenshot ")

Simon Brown, HB9DRV

http://sdr-radio.com

From: sdr-radio-com@... [mailto:sdr-radio-com@...] On Behalf Of ic8pof

GM Simon, something strange happened yesterady sunday on 15 and 10 meters with my SDR_IQ and console b360#2.

ic8pof

Hi again, if it would be only a viewing problem then Ok,
but the PROBLEM is not just on the viewing side, I suppose is deeper.

I was listening to some weak signals some Khz away (5 to 20 don't remember) from my friend's QRG
and when he went ON_AIR I was not more able to listen to the weak signals.
That on 15 and 10 meters. On 20meters was OK.

To replicate such occurrence I have to wait for another contest, so the band is full of weak signals plus the friend's strong one.
Maybe an IQ recording would be much better ( when Simon will add it).

Or better having a power combiner and 2 RF_generators to make all
the tests. Unfortunately I have not so much instruments.
Friends with such RF instruments live far from me.
The curiosity for a solution is HIGH and the time for experiments is very tight at the moment.
Have to delay toward fall-time.
73
Phil

From: sdr-radio-com@... [mailto:sdr-radio-com@...]
On Behalf Of ic8pof

GM Simon, something strange happened yesterady sunday on 15 and 10 meters
with my SDR_IQ and console b360#2.

Simon HB9DRV <simon@...>

Eh?

IQ recordings are supported in the console!

Please try the suggestions I made and let me see the screenshot. I also think that the SDR-IQ is being overloaded but due to your smaller window size you're not seing the Overload warning. Turn the RFgain down by 10 or 20dB, this should help.

Simon Brown, HB9DRV

http://sdr-radio.com

From: sdr-radio-com@... [mailto:sdr-radio-com@...] On Behalf Of ic8pof

Hi again, if it would be only a viewing problem then Ok,
but the PROBLEM is not just on the viewing side, I suppose is deeper.

ic8pof

uuuhpssss... you are a continue "discovery", just seen the IQ recorder "hidden" in the menu bar.

From: sdr-radio-com@... [mailto:sdr-radio-com@...]
On Behalf Of ic8pof