Topics

Console 3.0.3 and 3.0.4 Crash / unable to recover

Albert (PD0OXW)

Hi,

Last  evening, using SDRplay 1 as rx, all of a sudden my system Console V3.0.4  crashed  and the short notice “waiting” showed up.

Since then I have been unable to restart Console . Not after restarting the desktop many times and also  un and re- hooking  the SDR receivers 1/  HF+ and 2/ SDRPlay1 ( LimeSDR not connected since a few days as too many problems with getting connected but this is a different nasty problem which I do not seem to overcome) but seeing no/zero problems with my USB/ COM etc ports.

Even after deleting contents of :

1/ User Files (as stated in the Reset Console program / option)

2/ deleting \ident0 content in this folder (as stated in the Reset Console program / option)

And even

3/ uninstalling V3.03 and V 3.04 64 bit  in WIN10

4/ after re-installing version 3.0.4 or 3.0.3. and creating new definitions it looks ok until I install the Satellite module.

Personally I’m convinced it has to do with the installment of the Sat module that I always use for steering freq , antennas etc.
One of the latest things I did in the Sat module was adding Cliff Fox 1C preliminary kepler set in a local file that is loaded together with the usual NORAD etc files in the system.

Unfortunately I cannot use the Bugtrap as Console refuses/ refraining me  to use the information given on the screen (cannot move, read , save  etc) Only when using the delayed Sniping tool I could make this low quality  screenprint as attached…

Now that we have seen  this successful launch this / yesterday evening of Spacex SSOA mission carrying 64 birds of which many ( Cliff!) operating in the hambands I’m unable to use my preferred software program (and antennes..)  and seem not to get rid whatsoever of the “waiting” sign and a non-starting Console mode.

Hope you have some idea what is going wrong with my computer (hard/soft ware.)

Thanks in advance / Hope to find some advice to solve the problem.

Albert

PD0OXW

Dr.Alexander Hahn

Where did you get console 3.0.4?

Albert (PD0OXW)

Hi ,
This is a specific beta version for the LimeSDR. Not official yet. 73 Albert PD0OXW

Albert (PD0OXW)

Hi ! Further to my "Crash" info :

1/ I'm 100% sure it is in the Satellite Module where the problem sits. After full re-installment / loading  of the V3 software all goes well until the moment I add  the Sat Module and start using this Satellite module.
Within seconds the "Waiting" message appears in the middle of the screen. Once this has happened the system freezes/hangs and you can only escape via the task manager. On top of that the identity chosen  is corrupted, chosing another Identity will make that identity crash as well and corrupt it . This even happens after de-installing and re-installing so must be "hidden" in the register...(I suppose)
2/ Choosing in the startup WIN10 menus the option V3 Tools > Change Identity > Option > Reset end delete  the Console Ident(0) to (4) using the Registry Editor "frees / liberates " the Identity again and you can use that Identity. Once you start using again the Satellite module all crashes again and you are back at zero.

So ok can use Console but not using the satellite module which is my main driver to Use Console (apart from the ease of use and great graphic interface and a lot of other goodies !.)
Still all my SAT activities, mainly Telemetry decoding are dead.
Who can HELP me please / #prettydesperate
73 Albert / PD0OXW

Simon Brown

Albert,

With 3.0.3 (and only 3.0.3) do you get a crash dump after ‘Please Wait’ finishes? Don’t kill the program with the Task manager, let it run even if it takes some minutes.

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

[...]

Edited

Hi Simon,
Thanks coming back to this topic / my problem. Have now re-installed VER 3.03 build 1263. Starts up ok. Than I add via VIEW > more Options > Satellites and push OK. Program asks to restart as per normal procedure.As the program restarts immediately the Please Wait square message appears and Console hangs. You only see the blue SDR Console 3.0 Start-Up square message and build/64 bit and expiration date info. After like 10 seconds in the left lower corner of the screen I can see the Console Logo slightly color- flashing which hides a small Message from BugReport which I try to open (it now appears much bigger  exactly over the spot where the Blue SDR Console square is positioned). However once I try to use that program (BugTrap) it instantly disappears and I cannot use the program using these interesting buttons like Preview Save Info and State.
(plse see my first message and I have attached a new Screen Print as well (all speaking UNKNOWN ERROR module Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll at XXX - RaiseException() +104 byte(s)
As from that moment I can  kill  the program (still hanging in the Blue upstart logo) via the  right mouse button on the lower left Console Icon. See attached picture. (Sometimes this killing  via the menu option isn't possible and I must use the taskmanager to get rid of the Blue Logo.
Following yr website https://www.sdr-radio.com/Support#FullReset  I can rightclick on the taskmanager and create a dumpfile (see screenprint) where I also see other zipped error_reports.
I can provide you of course with these file for your perusal.

Hope you can help me further with this info.

Thanks in advance 73
Albert / PD0OXW

Simon Brown

Albert,

I do need these files, especially the crash dump (.DMP). Without them I can’t help I’m afraid.

Questions:

  • What operating system?
  • 32-bit or 64-bit?

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

[...]

OS : WIN10 PRO Version 1803 OS Build 17134.407   - 64-BIT

Will share the dump files via the email address indicated on the Website.
Thanks in  advance.
73 Albert / PD0OXW