Collapsible Memory Group Tabs ?

N8CVW

Greetings All,

Is there an option for collapsing selected group tabs in the Memories ribbon ?

For clarity,

when the Memories tab is selected the Memories Groups (1-5, 6-10, etc) tabs appear with the lower-most (e.g., 1-5, 6-10, ... ) are shown  expanded according to the width of your window

higher number groups (11-15, etc) are shown collapsed, that is, without information showing their contents

I would like to have control over which of the Memories Groups tabs are expanded and which are collapsed

for example, I may wish to expand Groups (6-10) and (31-15)

I do not find a way to do this, is there a way ?

kind thanks

Paul
N8CVW

Nicholas Shaxted

Hi Paul,

An alternative approach is to use Favourites and create sub-folders to group your data.

For instance, I have created folders for each amateur VHF/UHF and microwave band and created entries for frequencies of interest. Other folders exist for hf Milcom frequencies (as received here) and so on.

I found it a much easy and more flexible approach that using memory channels.

Nick – g4ogi

Is there an option for collapsing selected group tabs in the Memories ribbon ?

For clarity,

when the Memories tab is selected the Memories Groups (1-5, 6-10, etc) tabs appear with the lower-most (e.g., 1-5, 6-10, ... ) are shown  expanded according to the width of your window

higher number groups (11-15, etc) are shown collapsed, that is, without information showing their contents

I would like to have control over which of the Memories Groups tabs are expanded and which are collapsed

for example, I may wish to expand Groups (6-10) and (31-15)

I do not find a way to do this, is there a way ?

kind thanks

Paul
N8CVW

Simon Brown

Only if I let you define the collapse order.

Is there an option for collapsing selected group tabs in the Memories ribbon ?

For clarity,

when the Memories tab is selected the Memories Groups (1-5, 6-10, etc) tabs appear with the lower-most (e.g., 1-5, 6-10, ... ) are shown  expanded according to the width of your window

higher number groups (11-15, etc) are shown collapsed, that is, without information showing their contents

I would like to have control over which of the Memories Groups tabs are expanded and which are collapsed

for example, I may wish to expand Groups (6-10) and (31-15)

I do not find a way to do this, is there a way ?

kind thanks

Paul
N8CVW

N8CVW

could the 'collapse order'

be defined by setting an "Expand/Collapse" flag for each Mem Group ?

this way the setting is persistent between sessions (?) but also easily changeable

thanks Simon !

N8CVW

Hi Nick

Thanks for your tip !

Favorites seems to give the function I'm needing, entries seem added easily, but how to delete ??

So far I'm liking Memories because there seems to be one less layer to manage (?) , although Favorites has more capacity and cataloguing

If there could also be labels on the Memories group tabs then that would be similar but more efficient than Favorites

I guess we'll see what Simon comes up with 🤞

thanks again !

Paul

Nicholas Shaxted

Paul,

When you select the Favourites option you have an option to Add, Update , or Organise.

Selecting Organise present you with a folder type interface where you can regroup or move items around , edit items ....and even delete entries.

I create for instance an MWARA folder which then has sub-folders for regions and their areas and finally frequencies. I also include a full bandwidth option for that sub-category

This bandwidth then displays the bandwidth for say MWARA 8MHz and if I select Markets the display will show all those frequency labels (Stockholm, Gander, Shanwick, Bodo etc) so I can see activity all at once.

I can then select multiple receivers to hear simultaneous audio...then we get into serious stuff....

Have a play about with it whilst Sir Simon is off on his hols. If you don’t like it you can delete the entries.

My guess is that it will grow on you once you gain confidence with it.

Above have some fun with it........you can’t break it it.....:-)

Nick – g4ogi