Topics

CAT

Ernst Siderits (OE3IDE)

Edited

Hi,

I am using the SDR-Console (build 3.0.20) integrated CAT (Kenwood TS-2000 protocol) via virtual com port (COM15), to connect my logger (LogHX). SDR-Console is connected via OmniRig. All works fine, except one thing:

The frequency-information from VFO-A (i.e. "0.445  COM15  FA;      FA00014275460;" is mixed together with VFO-B. Means, if I tune the split-freq for a DX-station (VFO-B), the logger receives the VFO-B frequency, which in my case removes the call-sign from the callsign-field (logger specific)
If I tune again VFO-A, the logger receives the VFO-A frequency...
I have attached a log file from port-monitor. "FB" is always zero. In this example I had VFO-A on 7.173, then tuned to 7173,42, then tuned VFO-B (which was on 20m-band)...So the frequency from VFO-B is sent via "FA..." instead of "FB"..

If I connect the logger also to OmniRig (which works, but via SDR-Console-CAT I have less performance issues), all works as expected. Logger receives only the VFO-A frequency, which makes sense: 99% the VFO-A frequency is the RX-frequency which should be used for log the qso, or spot the dx-station.

I checked also the data coming from OmniRig via OmniRig-Client, looks all good (see https://www.oe3ide.com/wordp/wp-content/uploads/omniclient.mp4)

Any ideas?

Thanks & may the propagation be with you
Ernst, OE3IDE

I think the problem is with the logger. It requests FA and FB, both are returned correctly as seen in the attachment, FB is always 0.

If you want values from the TS-2000 then you must connect to the TS-2000.

I don’t really understand the problem, enabling split on the TS-2000 isn’t reflected in SDR Console.

[...]

Hi  Simon,

Could be the logger, but I am not 100% sure:
see https://www.oe3ide.com/wordp/wp-content/uploads/sdrconsole_vfo_a_b.mp4
First tuning VFO-A (40m band) on the radio (its a FT-2000), then tuning VFO-B (20m band).... then again VFO-B... the fact, that SDR-console "takes" the frequency from both (always the last updated one), is correct?

I tried also:
* exit logger
* stopp virt. com15
=> so plain SDRConsole via OmniRig to FT2000
The same behaviour... always the last tuned VFO is reflected in SDRConsole..

73 Ernst

Ernst Siderits (OE3IDE)

Hi,

I tested now with SDRConsole 2.3:
Here is the behaviour as expected: only VFO-A reflects to SDRConsole...

I tested also logger only with OmniRig:
Works perfect, VFO-A change, updates freq in logger, VFO-B change, does not change the frequency.

Listening to DX with split operation is a bit uncomfortable: If I change the split-frequency (VFO-B, my TX-freq), the receiver in SDRConsole jumps to that freqency. A small change on VFO-A (the DX tx-freq) brings the receiver back to correct frequency.

73 Ernst

Ernst Siderits (OE3IDE)

No ideas, how to solve this?

73 Ernst

Ernst Siderits (OE3IDE)

Hi Simon,

I guess whats "wrong" or different to Version2.3:

In 2.3. you are using OmniRig.RigX.FreqA (or .FreqB)
In 3.* your are using OmniRig.RigX.GetTXFrequency

And working in splitmode (OmniRig.RigX.Split == 32768) sets the SDRconsole receive frequency to the actual TX-Frequency, which is - in split operation - senseless, because now you are receiving/listening the callers frequency...

73 de Ernst