From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> on behalf of Larry Horlick via groups.io <llhorlick@...>
Sent: 21 June 2022 18:39
To: main@sdr-radio.groups.io <main@sdr-radio.groups.io>
Subject: [SDR-Radio] Cached data

Under:
Program Options > Recording> Data Recorder

There is a selectable time interval for a "data cache", which adds cached data to the start of a recording.

What is the purpose of this?

Larry

Larry Horlick

Is there something else that needs to be turned on? I'm not seeing any cached data in my recordings.

Larry

Simon Brown

This is for data, not audio recordings. I'll check it's still working...

Is there something else that needs to be turned on? I'm not seeing any cached data in my recordings.

Larry

Also,

Show me your settings.

This is for data, not audio recordings. I'll check it's still working...

Is there something else that needs to be turned on? I'm not seeing any cached data in my recordings.

Larry

Ian Kelly

Hi Simon, Larry.

I can confirm that when I attempt to set a recording cache when setting up a recording preset under the data recording options and tick the box for the "cache" drop down, whatever value I select, no data is cached. When I replay the IQ file, the start time remains the same as when I hit the preset record button and I've checked the audio on the recordings, and it has not pre-fetched audio from before I hit record (in case it had cached data but not updated the time readout to allow for any cached data).

Ian Kelly
Tilehurst, Reading, UK

On Thu, 23 Jun 2022 at 05:59, Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:
Also,

Show me your settings.

This is for data, not audio recordings. I'll check it's still working...

Is there something else that needs to be turned on? I'm not seeing any cached data in my recordings.

Larry

Thanks all, now fixed.

This is for data, not audio recordings. I'll check it's still working...

Is there something else that needs to be turned on? I'm not seeing any cached data in my recordings.

Larry

sm6fhz

Hi.
Is this fix incorporated in the upcoming V3.2 release?
73 / Ingolf, SM6FHZ

Simon Brown

Not the public beta but in the test team kit posted this morning.