Topics

Black Friday Airspy HF+ & Discovery Firmware as shipped?

Kriss Kliegle

One would think the Discovery would have the latest firmware, but I have one with new and one with old!

The latest firmware has AGC, ATT, Preamp, and Visual gain, yes?

The 'older one' is one I got back this summer, which, I think I updated shortly after getting it:

Now if I can just remember how I flashed it?

Kriss KA1GJU

Mike Bott

From the readme:

Pre-requisites:

1.    Windows 10 or Windows 7

Standard Firmware Upgrade Procedure:

1.    Connect the unit to the PC
2.    Double click on flash.bat
3.    Disconnect the device from the PC
4.    Connect the device again
5.    Done

Recovery Procedure:

Due to a bug in the first firmware, this procedure must be used for the first firmware upgrade.
Subsequent updates should work with the standard procedure above.

1.    Open the HF+ enclosure
2.    Connect the device to the PC
3.    Short the Erase pins for one second (see the photo)
4.    Disconnect the device from the PC
5.    Connect the device again
6.    Double click on flash.bat
7.    Wait until it flashes and verifies the data
8.    Disconnect the device from the PC
9.    Connect the device again
10.    Done